looking for kiln

Old April 17th 05, 11:31 PM
Steve Mills

OUCH!

OK I was there....but with very little time.

However as MacArthur said *I WILL RETURN!*

:-)

Steve

In article .com,
steve writes
chris will be my 1st visit with new zealander! it'll be fun to meet
her after talking pottery all these years. we'll certainly get into
the mud.

i have about 40 days of stuff to show her of the area in only 4 days...
she'll be jet lagged when she leaves here...

she'll pick up a few local slang terms, "fur sur".

~ too bad steve mills didn't announce HIS visit! he slept about 2
miles aways from several potters!

see ya

steve

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old April 18th 05, 05:03 AM

i look forward to next time man! i forget who owes who more beer.
i'll buy!

you can bet when i drop into your area i'll let you know in advance.

see ya

steve

Old April 29th 05, 12:02 AM
Roz Lacey

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this site. I think people
are forgetting how to spell the word 'pottery'. I am a Brit and I welcome
all the stuff from you Yank pottery enthusiasts. I have learnt so much.
Had a lot of contact from some great people who have personally emailed me
to solve a problem. I too, used to 'post', forgetting to mention where I
was - so what ? Usually some Yank would politely say 'where are you Roz'.

Anyhow, sweetheart, put an add in your local paper, in the 'wanted' column.
You will be amazed at how many kilns/wheels etc. are lurking at the back of
someones garage. Problem with Ebay is, the desired item, is usually about
500 miles away and its always 'buyer to collect'. Just stick wanted ads,
where ever you can and I am sure something will turn up.

Granny

wrote in message
oups.com...
we get a weekly newspaper (free) for the area called the "pennysaver".

i see electric kilns in there every 4 to 6 weeks. typically $250 to
$300. usually Cress or Duncan, the 24" sizes.

your area may have one of these comunity papers as well.

see ya

steve

tjnamtiw wrote:
Another possibility would be to call up Olympic kilns and see if they

have
any customer returns or display models. I got one from them that is

brand
new but is supposed to be a return. I saved about $500. They are in

North
Georgia near Lake Lanier.

Take a vacation and go pick up a kiln at the same time.
PS: Don't worry about comments like the fools above wrote.

Tom
"

Old May 7th 05, 02:51 AM
dkat

http://news.com.com/South+Korea+lead...3-5261393.html

When the $ becomes the bottom line without thought of the future, when you
spend more on your military than all the other countries in the world
combined, when those that think science is an enemy of the concept of G~d
start running your schools and country why would anyone expect survival as a
1st rate country in the 21st century. we fall in the bottom of the
distribution in most areas when compared to other westernized countries.
Our infant mortality is higher (the south has the highest child death rate
in our country), we compare more to totalitarian governments in our number
of people that we imprison / in allowing the government to kill it's own
people, we are 28th in our freedom of the press and free speech, we are
closer to what Russia is than to what Europe is. I love my country and its
people but what I love is being destroyed. It is our Bill of Rights that
made us great. It is our love of the right of the individual and the
protection of the individual over the state that allowed for our great
creativity that others envied. We are destroying what we are not even for
increased safety but for the illusion of increased safety. And even if it
were for a greater safety I would say that is the cowards way to go. I have
tried to stay away from political statements since I argued against invading
Iraq and was branded a traitor for doing so but every once in awhile I have
to vent. Sorry.

wrote in message
oups.com...
most of us in USA hate the BushWackerCrap going on. i'm not sorry to
post that anywhere, even on a pottery site.

truly alot of people voted for him that are really wondering why they
followed their "religious leaders" (?) and also why we're still in
Iraq. stunningly a lot of people somehow thought we'd be *done* in
iraq by now. how? non-thinking people are still allowed to vote...

so how frequently does anyone invade & take over & leave? i'm not
strong on a lot of world history but 2 years would be pretty short a
time to invade, wait, and leave.

by the way - i stand for annemarie's comments even though i'm one of
those USA people who frequently think we're the only ones in the world
with internet access...

see ya

steve

Old May 7th 05, 02:56 AM
dkat

Apparently I downloaded old messages and responded to one. Sorry about
that. DK

Old May 26th 05, 12:00 AM
Robert Rockhill

I was able to get a very good deal on a kiln on ebay. The bad part was
the shipping, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Shipping
has to be very high on a kiln. But some people insist on you picking
them up because they don't want to deal with shipping. That saved my
neck. The seller was out in the boonies an hour from San Diego, about 2
1/2 hours from my house. I got the kiln for less than $400.00 because
very few people bid because there was no shipping. Just a guy in Las
Vegas and me. So, look for kilns within a hundred miles of your place,
be willing to pick it up, and you can save a bundle. I'm very pleased
with mine. It was clean and works great.

On 2005-04-13 06:17:59 -0700, Pete Snell said:

Sonya Ledet wrote:

I am looking for a used kiln. I have tried News Ads and here. Any Ideas on
where to look?

Hi Sonya

It would be helpful to know what type of kiln you are looking for, as
well as what part of the world you are in.

Pete