$75.00 slab roller

Old February 8th 11, 04:04 PM
Pat King Pat King is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy $75.00 slab roller

I guess I'll just get some friends to start using this forum.

I joined to see if anyone would critique my new web site. I'm building a little wood slab roller and selling it for $75.00. I thought I would get a lot of takers but I'm not having much luck. I thought someone here might go to my site and offer some suggestions. Many of my friends own my little slab roller and I have sold several and everyone seems to love them, but I'm not getting the landslide I thought I would.

If anyone does come here would you go to http://oakwoodslabroller.tripod.com
and give me some feed back on what you think.
Old February 9th 11, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bob Masta[_2_]

Default $75.00 slab roller

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:04:12 +0000, Pat King
wrote:

I guess I'll just get some friends to start using this forum.

I joined to see if anyone would critique my new web site. I'm building
a little wood slab roller and selling it for $75.00. I thought I would
get a lot of takers but I'm not having much luck. I thought someone
here might go to my site and offer some suggestions. Many of my friends
own my little slab roller and I have sold several and everyone seems to
love them, but I'm not getting the landslide I thought I would.

If anyone does come here would you go to
http://oakwoodslabroller.tripod.com
and give me some feed back on what you think.

Looks pretty nice to me, but I've never used a slab roller.

How does one use this unit? What is the function of the
wooden dowel rod on the side... is that some kind of handle?
(Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but it doesn't look
like it would clear the table top if turned.) What are the
advantages of this unit over my trusty rolling pin and shim
collection?

Perhaps some step-by-step shots would help clarify things.
I'm guessing that those who are already familiar with slab
rollers will already have a bigger commercial unit, so maybe
focus your pitch to the rest of us. (Or am I the only one
who doesn't already know all about slab rollers? I've seen
plenty of photos of commercial ones in all the pottery
magazines, but I've never seen one in action.)

Good-looking site!

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v6.00
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator
Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI
Science with your sound card!
Old December 15th 11, 08:13 AM
VanISr VanISr is offline
Banned

Location: Россия

ah ok now I see it

so the pilings rest on the 8 to 10 inch part of the slab..

I get it now.. I thought the beam and the slab were poured separately...

was having a hard time picturing it.

for a building my size 15 x 20 how many pilings and what diameter would be required?

Pabs

Slab Roller Instructions Suzan Pottery 5 August 19th 05 04:48 PM
Bailey Mini-Might slab roller Bluehowler Pottery 0 December 10th 03 05:39 AM
Slab roller help Max Kanter Pottery 2 December 6th 03 09:28 PM
Looking for a used slab roller Wayne Bunker Pottery 0 November 20th 03 06:30 AM
Plans for Building a Slab Roller Suzan Pottery 2 October 8th 03 07:50 PM