Dear Red States

Old November 9th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Dear Red States

"lucretia borgia" wrote
Dawne wrote: Um, not all lesbians hate men. None of my lesbian friends
made any such
assumption about me when I broke up with a man, any more than I would
assume
that if one of them breaks off a relationship she now hates women and I
should hook her up with a man. And there are many many fates worse than
living with women. My Best GFs and I often talk about living together in
our old age, and we are not entirely kidding.

Dawne

You're right - David got on very well with a couple of my friends who
are lesbians, one even came to Florida with us one winter, I never
detected that she disliked men.

Strange, at lunch the other day, three of us said it would pay us well
to sell our condos and buy one large one and combine all the expenses.
My only hesitation is that I enjoy my freedom so that mutual condo
would have to have three bedrooms sufficiently large they could be
used as bedroom/dens so that one could be aloof if desired.

Like you and Brat, my female friends are beyond price.

My 3 very dear friends and I are considering whether we can convince the
local home for Olde Anglicans to install a hot tub and institute a Happy
Hour. We will then put our names down.

Dawne

Old November 9th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 11:03 am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 06:44:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Nah, I'm a potty-mouth from way back, I just try to keep it under
control in polite company. But I've been feeling sorely provoked by
Karen's typically sweeping generalizations and completely false
"universal truths."

Elizabeth

Has the dog competitions end for this year? I forget, do you compete
or is it just an activity you enjoy?

Agility is over for me for the year (I don't like to run agility
indoors on hard floors), but I spent yesterday and today at a
conformation show with Cash. He got a point yesterday (dogs need 15
points for their championship - Cash now has 6) but there was no
competition today. We still had fun. I also compete in obedience
with my older dog, Harry.

Why, were you thinking I'd be more patient if I were running agility?
*snicker*
It might be true.

Elizabeth
Old November 9th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Bruce Fletcher wrote
Other way around. DH and I were married by a Catholic priest whose
religious authority also gave him the authority to marry us in the
eyes of the state. In European countries if you want a religious
ceremony that's fine, buy you still have to have a civil one.

Elizabeth

Oh dear, that means I've not been "officially" married to Maureen for the
last 33 years as we were married in a Methodist church by a Methodist
minister and didn't have a civil ceremony. And will I have to pay back the
income tax that I didn't pay because I was married?
--

If it is like here, the civil bit takes place almost unnoticed in the
religious ceremony, when the couple and their witnesses sign the marriage

Old November 9th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 2:10 pm, Karen C in California wrote:

Some of my guy friends and I have talked about living together in our
old age. They rather like the idea of a roommate who can cook more than
hot dogs, and I like the idea of a roommate who can passionately discuss
baseball and politics.

I'm sorry that the people in your life are so limited in their
abilities.

Elizabeth (whose guy friends can cook and whose women friends can
discuss baseball and politics with the best of them)
Old November 9th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 10:20 am, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
Other way around. DH and I were married by a Catholic priest whose
religious authority also gave him the authority to marry us in the
eyes of the state. In European countries if you want a religious
ceremony that's fine, buy you still have to have a civil one.

Elizabeth

Oh dear, that means I've not been "officially" married to Maureen for
the last 33 years as we were married in a Methodist church by a
Methodist minister and didn't have a civil ceremony. And will I have to
pay back the income tax that I didn't pay because I was married?

The UK isn't "European." That's why you get all that special
treatment from the EU.

Elizabeth (ducking)
Old November 9th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 11:05 am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 06:49:15 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Other way around. DH and I were married by a Catholic priest whose
religious authority also gave him the authority to marry us in the
eyes of the state. In European countries if you want a religious
ceremony that's fine, buy you still have to have a civil one.

Elizabeth

In the states we need to have a license and the priest can't marry
anyone without it. At least in New York. My marriage to Mark was at
the JP.

Yeah, we had to have a license, too. But the priest had the authority
to sign that license declaring us married, thus making him an official
of the state. So much for separation of church and state, no?

Elizabeth
Old November 9th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Jeri wrote:

Karen C in California wrote:
snip

Thank you for pointing that out. We in the Blue States have been
expected to laugh at "offensive gloating" for years. The Reds don't
like it now that the tables are turned.

Perhaps as a "Christian" you should start practicing the Golden Rule. I'm
sure you've heard of it being a "Christian" and all.....
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." Sound familiar?

Yeah, it does. I also do back unto others as they have done unto me,
since it is apparent that that is the way they think is appropriate to
treat other people. Funny how they don't like it when the tables are
turned.

People who make plenty of jokes about California don't like it when the
joke is about them. From now on, I'll be sure to take great offense and
quote this thread whenever someone makes a California joke.

If you want to see Christianity in action, let me introduce you to my
good friend Victoria, who has been forgiven for what she did to me in
the past. You should try it some time.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old November 9th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 11:10:03 -0800, Karen C in California
opined:

Some of my guy friends and I have talked about living together in our
old age. They rather like the idea of a roommate who can cook more than
hot dogs, and I like the idea of a roommate who can passionately discuss
baseball and politics.

Good luck with that -

I don't foresee any problems. I've always had more guy friends than
girlfriends.

Old November 9th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

wrote:

On Nov 8, 2:10 pm, Karen C in California wrote:

Some of my guy friends and I have talked about living together in our
old age. They rather like the idea of a roommate who can cook more than
hot dogs, and I like the idea of a roommate who can passionately discuss
baseball and politics.

I'm sorry that the people in your life are so limited in their
abilities.

Elizabeth (whose guy friends can cook and whose women friends can
discuss baseball and politics with the best of them)

I've known women who can discuss baseball and women who can discuss
politics, but only one of them (the one who, not so surprisingly, is my
best friend) could discuss both. Almost all of the female roommates
I've had have turned their noses up at both topics.

It's one reason I've spent most of my life hanging out with the guys. I
don't give a hoot about fashion or makeup (don't wear the stuff) or the
love life of Hollywood stars, which pretty much left me out of most of
the all-female discussions.

Old November 9th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 8, 9:32 pm, Karen C in California wrote:

Yeah, it does. I also do back unto others as they have done unto me,
since it is apparent that that is the way they think is appropriate to
treat other people. Funny how they don't like it when the tables are
turned.

What's Christian about that?

People who make plenty of jokes about California don't like it when the
joke is about them. From now on, I'll be sure to take great offense and
quote this thread whenever someone makes a California joke.

When's the last time someone made a joke about California in this
group? Why are you constantly accusing people here of doing things
that have been done to you elsewhere? Are you really that incapable
of distinquishing one group of people from another?

Elizabeth

OT - Dear Dad Elly[_2_] Quilting 4 February 9th 08 05:37 AM
OT Dear all . . . CATS Quilting 5 September 13th 07 05:08 PM
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear! Cats Quilting 29 January 30th 07 03:39 AM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM