Opinions of "Quilter's Choice" tonals?

Old July 21st 04, 02:17 AM
dogmom

Default Opinions of "Quilter's Choice" tonals?

Hancock's (the chain, not HOP) carries a line of beautiful tonals called
"Quilter's Choice." They're at least $2-3 less per yard than Moda or
Kaufmann or one of those where I wish I owned the whole warehouse. But when
I held the stuff up to the light it looked to me like the thread count
wasn't that great. For once, I wasn't snookered in by beautiful color only
(maybe I am finally learning a few things.)

Has anyone used this stuff? Opinions about it? While I"m at it, am I correct
in believing that thread count matters and that I can discern it by holding
fabric up to the light and peering at it closely?

TIA muchly.

Dogmom

Old July 21st 04, 04:36 AM
hfw

I'll be interested to see the responses to your question. I'm also puzzled
by how it seems that all the WOWs are thin, whether at Wal-mart, Joann, or
the LQSs.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old July 21st 04, 09:14 AM
SueB

Hi,
I've used some of the Quilter's Choice. After I pre-washed, it
"shrunk" enough to be more dense. Try a fat quarter and check it to
the light after you pre-wash it. I even got some off brand of
something at WallyWorld this past year because I liked the print, and
it was terrific after pre-washing. I never would have believed it
going in because when I had held it up to the light it seemed so thin.
You just never know!
SueB

Old July 21st 04, 01:38 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

I use the Quilter's Choice stuff a lot! I've never had any problems
after washing it. I agree that it does seem to shrink up a little bit.
I love Moda Marbles but can't afford those prices right now.

Babs

Old July 21st 04, 03:57 PM
QuiltShopHopper

No, honey, that's an indication that the coffee needs to be made stronger.
cyndi, being silly

Old July 21st 04, 04:54 PM
nana2b

Diana that was the first read that I had. Of course that was before my first
cup of coffee. Glad to see someone else who is challanged! lol

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old July 21st 04, 05:16 PM
Dr.Quilter

not before I read yours... but you made me
lol! I never see the full subject line if they are too long....my column is
too narrow sometimes!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Old July 21st 04, 07:37 PM
Pat in Virginia

Yes. Thanks, Diana. I thought I was really losing it!!
PAT