Rocking stitch vs stab stitch

Old July 13th 03, 04:26 PM
DDM

Default Rocking stitch vs stab stitch

Does anyone here use the stab stitch for hand quilting? I took a class
yesterday and I think I could get right into it. A woman in my guild does
stab stitch (in fact she gave the class) and she is very fast and very
accuate with it.
It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be either. Now I'm mainly a
machine piecer and quilter, but I do like to do some hand work too.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old July 13th 03, 07:59 PM
Kathy Riley

Does anyone here use the stab stitch for hand quilting? I took a class
yesterday and I think I could get right into it.

I only use the stab stitch if or when I have to quilt over a seam line. I find
the rocker method much faster, and my stitches are more accurate this way.
But....this is just my personal experience. If you quilt with your feet, and
get beautiful stitches, that's all that matters...grin.

Kathy

"Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt....and dance
like no one's watching !"
Old July 14th 03, 12:55 AM
Elena

I do the rocking stitch, but I'd love to stab stitch, if only I could be
accurate pushing it back up the First time. I can do it wonderfully fast on
needlepoint.

Elena in Tx

Old July 14th 03, 04:39 AM
DDM

That part wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, Elena, and of
course it would get better with practice. One of the reasons that I wanted
to try this was because I have never been successful using a thimble and no
thimble is necessary doing it this way. I still need lots more practice
though. g

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old July 15th 03, 01:04 AM
nomorespam

I can quilt both ways. But given my past embroidery experience I am
faster and better with stab stitch.

Christina