Quilt Expo in Nashville

Old August 20th 05, 12:33 PM
Morag in Detroit

Default Quilt Expo in Nashville

Is anybody else headed for the AQS Expo in Nashville next week?

I went crazy and signed up for eight classes. I only did five last year
and was exhausted by Saturday. A couple of the classes this year are
hand quilting so maybe I won't be so tense. Another is Create A
Personal Color Palette. We'll be cutting up magazines and fabric and
using a glue stick, just like kindergarten, Should be fun.

Well, I'm off to have coffee and start filling my 2 gallon bags with
supplies for each class. Sounds like a major raid on my stash since I
try not to bring back anything I took with me. There are lots of
chances to swap with classmates and I sometimes just give the leftovers
to someone, sort of an anonymous squishy.

I'm having the whole day in the studio, YIPPEE!

Morag in Detroit

Old August 20th 05, 07:38 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
mmmm--another Big Quilt Show!
Yee-Haw!

Hmm...Nashville in August...
weather forecast says 94º-100ºF--
sounds like home. Guess I'll stay in Tx.. ;-D

Have a great time, Morag; please check in and let us know
what wonderful things you find. And if someone is having a sale
we shouldn't miss, please be our on-the-spot buyer!
We'll all thank you. g

Ragmop/Sandy

oups.com...

Old August 23rd 05, 11:33 AM
Shirley.Caylor

I'm going over for Wednesday only. I wish I could spend more time and take
classes but real life always gets in the way. I'm happy I can just make it
for 1 day. At least I'll get to see some of the beautiful quilts. Does
anyone on the group have an entry that I should look for? I'll take some
photos if I can and post them when I get back.

Shirley

Old August 24th 05, 03:53 AM
Patsy Elliott

I'm going on Friday only. Is there a meeting area?
Our DD has moved in the area, so we are going to visit with her. We just
got back from our San Diego trip. I wished I had taken pictures at Rosie's,
those were wonderful from SHE. It was a great shop and thanks for the
information. I played with the Handi Quilter 16 and decided that I loved
it, so I came home and ordered one. I found a dealer in close and talked
more with her before I decided. I'm anxious to get it and start quilting or
at least trying to quilt.
Patsy in IN
http://community.webshots.com/user/patowe