Photos at last!

Old August 28th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Photos at last!

Hi guys,

I finally got out and took pictures of some of the items that I have
made recently and will be selling at Christmas sales. I will probably
end up restringing the older ones or swap out the findings later on.
Haven't decided just yet. I think part of is just getting over the
"Sigh, have to restring" part :-)

http://purpleponyart.livejournal.com

Best,
Christine

Old August 30th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Christine -- HI BABYGIRL!!!!! Thanks for posting the pics.

I know that we -- this exact group -- drove you to it. However, DO NOT
apologize for your work. Feel free to state that it is not sterling or
mystery metal, as people do have allergies to different things, but no
"I'm Sorry." **** THAT. It is what it is. Lots of people are selling
junky stuff for a lot of money, and while I am not condoning that,
yours is not junk. No handmade, one of a kind jewelry should be
demeaned in that manner.

Had enough of us yet? LOL. I don't want to be the one that is
constantly telling you what you are doing wrong. Especially since I
now understand how, in Canada, it is difficult for you to buy things on
the internet that take a month or more to reach you.

This comment about not apologizing for your work is directed at YOUR
EGO not at the quality of your jewelry. You made it. It is special.
Screw anyone who thinks otherwise.

Love you -- Becki

Old August 30th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

For example:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/aspx/p...ewId=C15000000

Faux Pearls, lobster claw clasp. Which is junk metal or it would be
called something else.

No apologies.

Becki

Old August 30th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Example Number Two:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/aspx/p...ewId=C15000000

Color-drenched, cultured freshwater pearls join glass, brass and
antiqued silvertone beads on a stretchy bracelet. Imported.

Silvertone beads, aka crap. Presented with, (yes you get it now) NO
APOLOGIES.

Kisses and Hugs, going back to find something else to amuse myself with
now.

Becki

Old August 31st 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

OOHHH so true Becki

When I see their catalog - sometimes I nearly die laughing
here's another with "brass" finding -

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/aspx/p...ewId=C15110000

this 'artsy" piece -- is just cotton thread and a bunch of carnelian
chips... LOL

Cheryl

Old August 31st 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Silvertone beads, aka crap. Presented with, (yes you get it now) NO
APOLOGIES.

LOL Becki, I certainly do get it now :-D $40 is quite a lot for that
bracelet when something nice can be bought with real materials.

Best,
Christine

Old August 31st 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Christine -- Cool. Now, raise your right hand and swear to never
apologize again for your jewelry (unless it breaks while showing it to
a customer. That would be an appropriate time for an apology).
Promise?

In other news, I checked my mailbox yesterday (my mailbox lives in a
different location than I do. I check it about once a week unless I am
expecting something) and the package that I sent to you EONS ago has
not been returned. Ergo, it must be in Canada somewhere!!!

Much love -- Becki

Old August 31st 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

this 'artsy" piece -- is just cotton thread and a bunch of carnelian
chips... LOL

Cheryl, I have been browsing gemstone catalogs and I see the real gems
and the gem or rock chips...I bought a couple of rock chip strands to
try out (moonstone and ovaline). The Beading Room has them for about $2
a strand, so I can imagine maybe 25 cents worth went into each of these
necklaces. The price difference in the gemstone catalogs says it all
:-) I need to explore this area further - at first I thought they were
the same, but now I know that they aren't.

Best,
Christine

Old September 5th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Christine -- Cool. Now, raise your right hand and swear to never
apologize again for your jewelry (unless it breaks while showing it to
a customer. That would be an appropriate time for an apology).
Promise?

I solemnly promise, I won't apologize unless something breaks in front
of a customer :-)

RCB only "partly" drove me to it, I tend to be an apologetic person
most of the time...which is something I should get out of the habit of
doing.

Ergo, it must be in Canada somewhere!!!

I hope the package shows up today, that would be so nice! We don't get
mail delivery on Saturdays unlike our lucky US neighbours.

Best,
Christine

Old September 5th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Christine - I hope you get it soon also, my dear. So you can PLAY with
it!

Becki

New Quilt Photos Tia Mary Quilting 3 July 6th 06 12:03 AM
More Hug Block Photos Tia Mary Quilting 0 September 23rd 05 08:14 PM
OT - Webshot Photos added Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 8 June 29th 04 07:18 PM
MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL CONCORD, CA PHOTOS MT. DIABLO HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS Quilting 0 October 9th 03 11:55 PM