Getting Closer to bailing out

Old August 13th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Getting Closer to bailing out

"Javahut" wrote in message

"glassman" wrote in message
Now I have a deposit check, so I know the guy is serious. He still
needs to get his financing in order, and with what's going on with the
mortgage, credit, and real estate markets, it couldn't be a worse time to
get a good deal on a commercial mortgage.
So here's the dilemma. Do I go backwards and become a basement
bandit
all over again? Can I return to the small and too hot or too cold,
disgusting garage? Do I just wash my hands of the entire glass industry?

My
wife is still 5 years away from retiring, and the money I get at 5%

interest
won't exactly pay the bills unless I live in Guam. Is there enough money

in
Ebay to make ends meet? I'll keep you posted.

Do the art glass projects you want to do because you want to do them,
customer be damned!!

Be a greeter at Wal-Mart or go work in the neighborhood hardware store,
it
isn't about the status of the job now, it is about the paycheck, that
supplements the art, and the net check from the real estate. Kick back
and
enjoy a 8-4 job with no worries about management decisions.

Being our own boss and having my own "bankers hours" for so many years,
it'll be strange to work an 8 hour day for someone else... but it's
something to consider? Maybe Home Depot tool dept? Of course I'd be spending
my entire paycheck there!

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old August 15th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
db

Being our own boss and having my own "bankers hours" for so many years,
it'll be strange to work an 8 hour day for someone else... but it's
something to consider? Maybe Home Depot tool dept? Of course I'd be
spending my entire paycheck there!

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Retail clerking isn't a mindless stressless job anymore. And its only
minimally because of the customers.

Old August 15th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Bart V[_2_]

I did exactly that, worked at the HD's lumber department for while.
The hugest rush when I got my forklift license and I loved zipping
around on that thing. Mixed emotions to look at the stained glass
doors in the millwork department next to us - beautiful work selling
for less than what I'd have to pay for the glass.
Too bad things didn't work out and I quit so it's back to the now-what
stage.
Bart.
-
**botox treatments: taxidermy on the living**

Email replies via: www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
awesome banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
=== www.haruteq.com ===
Old August 15th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

I think you ought to set up a consulting business, visiting studios around
the country and sharing your management skills and know-how. Maybe even do
some regional seminars you could hold in motel meeting rooms. Have a 2 day
workshop on business skills or advertising, getting commissions or whatever.

Old August 16th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Bart V[_2_]

Been thinking about that for another one of my interests. I don't mind
admitting though, at this point in my life, it isn't quite within my
comfort zone any longer to start yet another business...

Bart.
-

Old August 16th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

" Moonraker" wrote in message
I think you ought to set up a consulting business, visiting studios around
the country and sharing your management skills and know-how. Maybe even
do some regional seminars you could hold in motel meeting rooms. Have a 2
day workshop on business skills or advertising, getting commissions or
whatever.

How many dollars can I relieve you of on this one Moon? I did think of
doing this, but alas by the end of this year there may only be a handful of
shops left.

getting closer jules Needlework 1 August 4th 05 04:01 PM
It is getting closer!!!! Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 5 August 14th 03 02:38 PM
Houston IQF is gettin closer! KCK Quilting 37 July 31st 03 02:49 PM