Would somebody please explain to me .........

Old October 18th 06, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
David K

Default Would somebody please explain to me .........

......... why there is so much animosity towards Mr Brady.

I know I could google for it but all that would throw up is more of the
same.

So as an occasional lurker who has been encouraged to delurk all I am after
is a simple, rational, non name calling explanation as to why he is the
subject of so much vitriol and hate.

I acknowledge I know nothing of glass working however in reading posts Mr
Brady appears to present a not un reasonable case and tries to keep a
civilised tone in all that he says.

Admittedly I could have missed something so perhaps you could enlighten me.

I know that virtually anything goes in Usenet and people give vent to their
feelings etc however I have children who are prone to name calling and I
can't help but draw comparisons..........

Such is life (and Usenet) I suppose.

David

Old October 18th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Ron Parker

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:30:51 +0100, David K wrote:
........ why there is so much animosity towards Mr Brady.

Speaking for myself, I can't stand the guy because he takes every thread
as an opportunity to advertise his useless "festivals" and/or to pontificate
on some point or other as if he's the sole oracle of the glass gods and we
should receive his holy scripture on bended knee.

Especially if his holy scripture has something to do with buying overpriced
and unnecessary tools from him rather than from some other small-potatoes
web-based retail establishment.

If I want someone to try to sell me stuff at an obscene markup, I can find
my local retailer's or Delphi's website on my own. I come here to learn.
And to see what color Moonraker turns when he gets really bent out of shape,
but mostly to learn.

Old October 18th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Ron Parker" wrote in message
news:slrnejc9ng.p18.this#is$really*my^address!@mai l.parkrrrr.com...

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:30:51 +0100, David K wrote:
........ why there is so much animosity towards Mr Brady.

And to see what color Moonraker turns when he gets really bent out of

shape,

Hahaha.

Old October 18th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

So now, you're accusing your local retailers of selling you stuff at an
obscene markup? Explain to me just what sort of markup should a
retailer be putting on a product? I suppose if I buy something for $1 I
should sell it for $1.25 and expect that to be suffucient profit?

Andy

Old October 18th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
So now, you're accusing your local retailers of selling you stuff at an
obscene markup? Explain to me just what sort of markup should a
retailer be putting on a product? I suppose if I buy something for $1 I
should sell it for $1.25 and expect that to be suffucient profit?

Andy

Of course. Those Basement Bandits have to make a living, you hard hearted
grinch.

Old October 18th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Mainly because he constantly spams the few places left that he is
allowed to post with unending ads for his crappy products and services.
He makes ridiculous claims that he doesn't back up, and spouts childish
rhetoric about his business sense and teaching abilities. Lots of us
here teach, and many of our students mention and praise our courses.
Absolute silence about Dennis.

Oh, and he is a lying turd. He deliberately posted something about me
which was a complete fabrication, and now, in his usual response when
he is caught in a lie, (it has happened before) he accuses me of making
demands which he refuses to meet. Did I say he is a lying turd . . .
Brock

Old October 18th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Ron Parker

On 18 Oct 2006 06:56:49 -0700, wrote:
So now, you're accusing your local retailers of selling you stuff at an
obscene markup? Explain to me just what sort of markup should a
retailer be putting on a product? I suppose if I buy something for $1 I
should sell it for $1.25 and expect that to be suffucient profit?

Relax. Parts of the post to which you're replying had humorous intent.

Actually, I like my local retailers. Especially the ones that are
primarily small-potatoes web-based operations; the overhead of a place like
Colored Sands is practically nonexistent, yet I can go pick up my order on
my lunch hour. When they have what I want, they usually have it for a lot
cheaper than I could get it from Dennis after shipping and handling and
sitting-on-my-hands-waiting-for-the-UPS-guy and selling-my-soul-to-the-devil
fees. When they don't have what I want, Delphi has it, and unlike Dennis,
Delphi has enough business savvy to understand that when I want them, I know
how to find them.

I forgot to mention, in my first post, that the other reason I don't like
Dennis is that he does indeed at first blush sound reasonable to people who
haven't been exposed to large doses of him. Just like a used-car dealer.

Old October 18th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"David K" wrote in message
........ why there is so much animosity towards Mr Brady.

It's not just in THIS group, David. Might I suggest that you sign onto
www.angrymandrel.com and to http://www.thegldg.com/forum/index.php. Be
prepared for some explicit language and some very poor grammar and spelling,
but definitely more light on the question you posed.

Look for threads about Victorian Art Glass or VAG. It's some real
interesting reading from people who have actually done business with Brady.

If it were just one or two people who dislike Brady, you might just pass it
off as two personalities that conflict. Apparently, the opposite is true,
as his supporters are few and far between.

Old October 19th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

--

Everyone here tries to make money in anyway the see fit including Brady.
The difference is that he continues to alienate everyone of his

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 19th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

"David K" wrote in message
[...]

Brady is the kid in the playground when you were younger that did anything
he thought he could do to **** off everyone else so he could get in a fist
fight and prove that he didn't know how to fight... he got his ass kicked
daily and still refused to learn that he didn't know how to fight.

Same thing with glass, what he knows is just enough to get himself in
trouble, and he passes that lack of knowledge off as information worth
paying for...and it's not.

Just as his parents must be real proud of him, imagine you were the person
that gave the idiot his first stained glass lesson. I say first cause he
obviously knows it all so never went back for class 2. Just like a 13 year
old, they know everything...