My Stupid Pot Melt Fire

Old April 19th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default My Stupid Pot Melt Fire

So much fun that I'm ready to do it again! But then again I'm from
Brooklyn, and used to living dangerously. Pot size doesn't really

matter.
Cut up about 3 lbs of scrappolla in long skinny strips, and you'll see

what
size container it will fit in. Crank it up, let it drip, and you'll be
hooked. Of course what to do with the results is the real question.

Don't get hooked on just long skinny strips. The size and shape and how
it is placed in the pot are also important variables.

What to do with them? Check below. Eight of nine on page 1 are pot
melts. Redwood Sunset on page 2 is a pot melt. Each photo can be
enlarged twice.

--
Jack

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://www.glassartguild.com/gallery/jack_bowman

It's those damned pix that got me hooked. The further question is do
they sell, and for how much?

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old April 20th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Glassman wrote:

[...]

Jovian Convocation $275, Eyeballs $285, Great Gallery $1800, Redwood
Sunset $425. All sold very quickly. Those not listed as in private
collections are in galleries.

Old April 20th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Moonraker wrote:
Jack, do you do the photography?

Great work!!!

Thanks Moon. We have a photo table in the studio but most were taken at
the gallery by my digital camera. Nothing special. I took this one on
the photo table at Corning Museum of Glass.

http://www.glassartguild.com/gallery...veBowl1?full=1

Seems to be floating.

Old April 21st 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"nJb" wrote in message
Glassman wrote:

--
Jack

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://www.glassartguild.com/gallery/jack_bowman

It's those damned pix that got me hooked. The further question is

do
they sell, and for how much?

Jovian Convocation $275, Eyeballs $285, Great Gallery $1800, Redwood
Sunset $425. All sold very quickly. Those not listed as in private
collections are in galleries.

--
Jack

Now that is extremely impressive. So many talented artist creations NEVER
sell. How do you find your market for this stuff?

Old April 27th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Moonraker wrote:

I'm impressed beyond words...In another life, I was in the photo business.

Whatever the technique is that you have developed ...the outcome is darn
good.

Most of them are done with a FujiFilm digital camera I bought 4 years ago.

I posted some new pics today. Below the thumbnail you can choose the
size of enlargement.

Old April 27th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Glassman wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message

Glassman wrote:

--
Jack

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://www.glassartguild.com/gallery/jack_bowman

It's those damned pix that got me hooked. The further question is

do

they sell, and for how much?

Jovian Convocation $275, Eyeballs $285, Great Gallery $1800, Redwood
Sunset $425. All sold very quickly. Those not listed as in private
collections are in galleries.

--
Jack

Now that is extremely impressive. So many talented artist creations NEVER
sell. How do you find your market for this stuff?

I take them to galleries and say "Hey, look what I did". They go on
consignment. I've yet to have a gallery buy one outright.

New pics posted today.

Old April 28th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

"nJb" wrote in message
Glassman wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message

Glassman wrote:

--
[...]

Whats the deal 50/50? How long do they take to sell?