OWIEEEEE

Old May 31st 05, 11:17 PM
maryd

Default OWIEEEEE

my fingers are bruised and bleeding after pin basting 4 lap and baby quilts
today. I have a twin size quilt I wanted to get sandwiched too but think it
will wait until tomorrow.

--
Mary

Old May 31st 05, 11:24 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"maryd" wrote:

my fingers are bruised and bleeding after pin basting 4 lap and baby quilts
today. I have a twin size quilt I wanted to get sandwiched too but think it
will wait until tomorrow.

Ouch! Yes, waiting would be prudent. Do you use something to take the
strain off your fingers as you close the pins? I have one of those Kwik
Klips, and it really helps.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 31st 05, 11:36 PM
maryd

I keep thinking I will get one of those but I haven't. So I close them the
old fashioned way. The BOM is calling me now so think I'll do that.

--
Mary
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
:
: Ouch! Yes, waiting would be prudent. Do you use something to take the
: strain off your fingers as you close the pins? I have one of those Kwik
: Klips, and it really helps.
: --
: Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
: my ISP is earthlink.net -- put sfoster1(at) in front

Old May 31st 05, 11:52 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Got a grapefruit spoon, one of those w/ a serrated edge?
Some quilters use those for closing pins.
I love the Kwik Klip.

Congrats on all the pinning. I expected to read
that you had to stop while the factory made more pins. g

Ragmop/Sandy

Old June 1st 05, 01:23 AM
the black rose

maryd wrote:

my fingers are bruised and bleeding after pin basting 4 lap and baby quilts
today. I have a twin size quilt I wanted to get sandwiched too but think it
will wait until tomorrow.

Ow, my fingers twinged just reading that! Give 'em a rest, or

maybe try a tool?

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old June 1st 05, 06:48 AM
DrQuilter

you need to get yourself onee of those kclips or whatever they are
called... no more pain involved in pinning...

maryd wrote:

my fingers are bruised and bleeding after pin basting 4 lap and baby quilts
today. I have a twin size quilt I wanted to get sandwiched too but think it
will wait until tomorrow.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old June 1st 05, 07:28 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Kwik Klip - if I pin baste (spray baste is my preferred method), I couldn't
close all those pins without the Kwik Klip - what a great $5 investment! It
really saves your fingers. You can also use a grapefruit spoon & I think
there's another household tool you can use, but I don't remember what it is.

Pauline

Old June 1st 05, 07:31 AM
M Rimmer

In message , maryd
writes
my fingers are bruised and bleeding after pin basting 4 lap and baby quilts
today. I have a twin size quilt I wanted to get sandwiched too but think it
will wait until tomorrow.

Get 12 ice cubes. Put 10 on a tray and place your sore pinkies on them
until they melt. Place the remaining 2 ice cubes in a tall glass, add a
measure of gin and top up with tonic water. Isn't that better already?
--
M Rimmer

Old June 1st 05, 02:06 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

My DS made a tool for me out of an old screw driver. He cut the point off
leaving the handle and the spindle. He took one of those tool and die
cutters and made threads around the end so it would have grooves to hold the
pins. Now I have no more sore and cut fingers.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \