Filet Cross stitch

Old April 16th 15, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Zims

Default Filet Cross stitch (from the pattern creator)

replying to Donna D., Zims wrote:
boocxnnut wrote:

I have stitched over 2o years and never heard of this stitch. I am
starting
a new project. An Eagle scout for my son.Most of it are filet
stitches.
Nothing says what it is. Something I probably know but by another name
maybe.
Thanks
Donna

A filet stitch is a cross stitch using a single strand. I contacted the
publisher who put me in touch with the creator. I have completed two
Eagle Scout badges for my sons and now have to complete one for my grandson. I
still have one grandson to go who just made tenderfoot

Old February 13th 16, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Filet Cross stitch

On Monday, July 12, 2010 at 7:28:01 PM UTC-4, Donna D. wrote:
I have stitched over 2o years and never heard of this stitch. I am starting
a new project. An Eagle scout for my son.Most of it are filet stitches.
Nothing says what it is. Something I probably know but by another name
maybe.
Thanks
Donna

I have the same eagle scout pattern. Where it says to use a filet stitch I'm just using a half cross stitch with gives the background a more subtle red than what's on the main design. Congratulations on your son's achievement. Mine is for a grandson.
Old February 4th 19, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Monday, July 12, 2010 at 7:28:01 PM UTC-4, Donna D. wrote:
I have stitched over 2o years and never heard of this stitch. I am starting
a new project. An Eagle scout for my son.Most of it are filet stitches.
Nothing says what it is. Something I probably know but by another name
maybe.
Thanks
Donna

Thanks to all you gals who know what "filet stitch" means in counted cross stitching. I, too, are stitching a project for my Eagle Scout Grandson. I was worried about the red border and now I know it won't be nearly as predominant using only one strand of floss.
Old November 24th 19, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Monday, July 12, 2010 at 7:28:01 PM UTC-4, Donna D. wrote:
I have stitched over 2o years and never heard of this stitch. I am starting
a new project. An Eagle scout for my son.Most of it are filet stitches.
Nothing says what it is. Something I probably know but by another name
maybe.
Thanks
Donna

i think it is the half stitch. doing the eagle for my grandson. hope yours turned out great. this is my second and i did half stitches

Cross Stitch .... Needlework 6 January 15th 04 05:39 PM
eBay with only 24 hours remaining: cross-stitch kit & counted cross-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 September 19th 03 12:39 PM
eBay with only 24 hours remaining: cross-stitch kit & counted cross-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 September 19th 03 12:39 PM
eBay: "Hearts" Counted cross-stitch kit & "Glorious Earth" x-stitch patterns Suezq Marketplace 0 September 17th 03 12:29 PM