Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Old October 29th 05, 02:02 AM
Tina

Default Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Well hello and Howdy from Texas Frank! I wasn't here to meet you last
year, but I must say, you are a really cool husband!

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post and I had to share it
with my husband. Soooo, he made a suggestion (note: he is currently
filling in as surrogate mother AND father this week while I am at Quilt
Festival, enjoying myslef immensely) so anyway, he figures every quilty
woman in the world must just love the Quilt Festival, so he recommends:

buy her plane fare to Houston for next year, plus hotel room
reservations, plus registration to the Festival!

(I just threw in the part about "Yep, that way she can order her own
Long Arm while she's at the Festival" - he just grimaced at me!)

Tina

Old October 29th 05, 02:19 AM
Frank Reid

Okay,
1. Fabric: floor supports are at their max weight allowance
2. Austrailia: Are you joking? This a woman that learned more languages to
have more countries to shop in.
3. Ott light: Got 4 in the house. How many more do we need?
4. Horn Furnitu Hmmm, might be an idea.
5. Bernina: Uh, lets see. 1, 2, 3, 4, yes, the Count counts 4 sewing
machines in the house. Go ahead, hit the number four and the shift button.
See what you get. You got it? I ain't.
6. SLK: Uh, a car that's smarter than me and worth more than I am? I'm a
guy. We don't ask directions!!! Can't have a car that makes me look bad by
asking directions for me.
7. Embroidery machine: see number 5.
8. Two day tour: hmm, doable. Especially if its along some major trout
streams (uh, I guess the last part wasn't the voice in my head, was it?).
9. Long arm: See both 5 and 6.
10. EQ5 - she's been with EQ since before Windows came out. She has every
EQ program and cd (and floppy disc) ever made.
11. Rotating cutting board: Hmm, anyone got a link to this thing?
Thanks all, keep 'em coming. I figure if I can't use all the ideas, someone
else can. Its also a good barometer of whats hot in the quilting world.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 29th 05, 03:01 AM
Polly Esther

Hi Frank. No suggestions. Just so happy to see you here. I always enjoy
seeing you and the wonderful ideas from our gang. Polly

Old October 29th 05, 04:25 AM
Marcella Peek

In article mAz8f.522541$xm3.128416@attbi_s21,
"KJ" wrote:

I love that table!!!! Have you seen a price on it anywhere? I've been
wanting a table at which I could sometimes sew standing up! This looks like
you could do that. Cool.
KJ

I have a call in to the local shop that carries the brand. I'll let you
know what they come back with. Although, I'm kinda scared to find out.

marcella
Old October 29th 05, 04:26 AM
Marcella Peek

In article yKz8f.2797$U67.679@trnddc07,
Taria wrote:

I was nosing around yesterday and thought I saw it somewhere with $975
mentioned as MSRP. Can't find it today though. Pretty pricey. SewNews
had a big ad for it and it looks really neat. It has a motorized lift
in addition to the drink holder ; )
Maybe someone will get some info while in Houston?
Maybe Frank should adopt me?
TAria

Not bad. Ifin it's less than a sewing machine, I'm happy.

marcella
Old October 29th 05, 04:28 AM
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Frank Reid" ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote:

11. Rotating cutting board: Hmm, anyone got a link to this thing?
Thanks all, keep 'em coming. I figure if I can't use all the ideas, someone
else can. Its also a good barometer of whats hot in the quilting world.

Here you go:
http://www.comequiltwithme.com/shop/home.php

The owner is a doll and well, I am a bit addicted to her templates.
Nice stocking stuffers, you know. Gotta have things for the stocking,
Santa.

marcella
Old October 29th 05, 04:40 AM
Kate T.

Hey Frank:

How about a Hinterberg Stretch machine quilting frame. A little
brother to the BIG guys but works the same. And, And she can use one
of those 4 SM on it.

I got mine last April and wonder now why I didn't buy it years ago. It
costs thousands less than a Gamil. It doesn't have all the bells and
whistles but it will do the work of the big machines. And just think
all that extra money for fabric, thread, notions and even a plane
ticket to Houston next year. Now that the next two Christmas' are
"sewed up" you can sit back, relax and smile. This will keep her
scratching her head for quite a while. H-u-m-m-m what's he up to now.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old October 29th 05, 11:05 AM
Kate Dicey

Frank Reid wrote:

Okay,
1. Fabric: floor supports are at their max weight allowance

My husband says this too. It's a myth... You just need to spread it
out more rather than having it all in one trunk! Some nice shelving and
cabinets in several different rooms would be a good move.

2. Austrailia: Are you joking? This a woman that learned more languages to
have more countries to shop in.

But they make some fantastic fabrics in Oz! And the fishing is good...

3. Ott light: Got 4 in the house. How many more do we need?

One in every room, 3 in the sewing room...

4. Horn Furnitu Hmmm, might be an idea.

Even better: something tailor made to her needs.

5. Bernina: Uh, lets see. 1, 2, 3, 4, yes, the Count counts 4 sewing
machines in the house. Go ahead, hit the number four and the shift button.
See what you get. You got it? I ain't.

I just acquired my 12th machine. She's still in single figures!

6. SLK: Uh, a car that's smarter than me and worth more than I am? I'm a
guy. We don't ask directions!!! Can't have a car that makes me look bad by
asking directions for me.

It will help her find the fabric stores.

7. Embroidery machine: see number 5.

And what's WRONG with two embroidery machines? She could always sent
the older one to me...

8. Two day tour: hmm, doable. Especially if its along some major trout
streams (uh, I guess the last part wasn't the voice in my head, was it?).

Send her quilting, you go elsewhere to fish. My mum used to send my dad
fishing while she went off and did what she wanted. Worked for them...
And me! I let the hubby off the leash to go camping with the Scouts
and to climb hills while I hit fabric shops or sew strange things...

9. Long arm: See both 5 and 6.

Feeble! A long arm is not like any other sewing machine. You can't use
it in the same way. And she'd still be in single figures.

10. EQ5 - she's been with EQ since before Windows came out. She has every
EQ program and cd (and floppy disc) ever made.

Good.

11. Rotating cutting board: Hmm, anyone got a link to this thing?
Thanks all, keep 'em coming. I figure if I can't use all the ideas, someone
else can. Its also a good barometer of whats hot in the quilting world.

Clover mini iron! They are rather small, and prone to hiding. Having
two is no bad thing.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 29th 05, 12:55 PM
Frank Reid

"Kate T." wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Frank:

How about a Hinterberg Stretch machine quilting frame. A little
brother to the BIG guys but works the same. And, And she can use one
of those 4 SM on it.

That's a good idea, but she already has a Grace machine quilter in the
basement (that's why she's already primed to move up to a long arm).
Thanks, they look pretty.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 29th 05, 12:57 PM
Frank Reid

11. Rotating cutting board: Hmm, anyone got a link to this thing?
Thanks all, keep 'em coming. I figure if I can't use all the ideas,
someone
else can. Its also a good barometer of whats hot in the quilting world.

Here you go:
http://www.comequiltwithme.com/shop/home.php

The owner is a doll and well, I am a bit addicted to her templates.
Nice stocking stuffers, you know. Gotta have things for the stocking,
Santa.

Thanks, going to order it Thursday night.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

OT, mostly-- Xmas gift Kaytee Beads 1 December 27th 04 03:49 AM
OT - need gift help Julia Altshuler Quilting 12 May 31st 04 04:23 PM
FA: FOSSILS - Dinosaur Teeth & Eggs, Shark Teeth, Plant & Fish Fossils, For XMAS Gifts Disgo Marketplace 0 December 12th 03 04:32 PM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM