OT - Warning Labels

Old June 9th 05, 08:20 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Warning Labels

How silly can you get? Sent to me by a dear friend to brighten my day...

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (That's the only time

I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.

Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that

would be???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but,

it's just a suggestion.)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside
down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body." (but
wouldn't this save me time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate
machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the
rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5 year-olds with
head-colds off those bulldozers.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (..I'm taking this
because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only." (as
opposed to what?)

On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use." (now,
somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news
flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat
nuts." (Step 3: say what?)

On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable
you to fly." (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or
genitals." (Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the
stupidity and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to (maybe even
chuckle)...

quicker)

Old June 9th 05, 02:08 PM
Teresa in Colorado

When my father was a very young boy he adored superman. One day his sisters
told him that if they tied a towel around his neck he could fly like
superman. So, they put a thin mattress in front of the barn and he jumped
out of the hayloft door.

When it didn't work, he tried it again...

--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
Berthoud Outdoor Quilt Show - June 11, 2005 in Berthoud, Colorado
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com

u...

Old June 9th 05, 06:22 PM
Thomas H. O'Reilly

When I was a kid I had great fun one afternoon jumping off of the garage
onto a chaise lounge. Of course, this activity ceased when my mother
discovered why I was making all those whooppee cries. I did this about four
times, and for a few seconds there, I was flying.

Old June 10th 05, 05:09 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

My oldest brother tied my youngest brothers feet together below the belly of
a yearling calf so he wouldn't fall off when they let go of the calf. Calf
drug him thru black berry bushes and almost killed him. We still laugh
about that one when we get together.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 11th 05, 06:25 AM
Teresa in Colorado

I don't know whether to be relieved or alarmed that there is another family
like ours in this world! grin

Old June 11th 05, 02:53 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

It's a miracle we didn't kill one another with our hair brained ideas. My
mother always said that she just put us in Gods hands and left it to Him.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 11th 05, 06:43 PM
the black rose

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

It's a miracle we didn't kill one another with our hair brained ideas. My
mother always said that she just put us in Gods hands and left it to Him.

You got that right. One of my boys once came in the backdoor looking
like he'd just walked out of a slasher flick, face covered with blood.
It was a stomach-churning sight, believe me. His brother had swung a
pick axe back without looking behind him (they were digging holes in the
woods, go figure). SMACK. He's lucky it just sliced his scalp; it
could have punched right through his skull!

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

Anyone in NJ with an Embroidery Machine I can make a couple labels on?? :) Michelle in NJ Quilting 3 January 28th 05 02:13 AM
DMC floss - New labels NancySue Needlework 2 December 4th 04 11:05 PM
Labels for quilts frood Quilting 21 November 6th 04 04:21 PM
labels Valkyrie Quilting 8 October 16th 03 10:33 PM
Labels Questions Kathy in CA Quilting 17 August 11th 03 09:51 PM