question for all you experienced mothers

Old August 25th 03, 09:33 PM
Dannielle Beitzell

My husband still does that to me! And we don't have any kids yet!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Also remember - they are like wild animals, they can smell fear and
indecision! Always make like you know what you are doing. If you make a
mistake, pretend like you were testing THEM. Hey, this method has done me
for the last six years and two kids.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"nana2b" wrote in message
If you have doubts about the car seat, take it to the police station for
them to look at it. They will tell you if it is a current enough model.
Just remember, the baby doesn't know you are inexperienced at

motherhood.
He
is inexperienced at life! Learn together, it is so much fun. Nana

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 25th 03, 10:46 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

It gets worse. Often they choose that time to point out difference between
you and them. LOUDLY!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Oh, I don't get the loud praise, I just get the loud questions: Mama,
are YOU going to go PEE now?? Do you have to POOP???..........we are
slowly breaking DS of this habit, adn in a few years, I can see having
to do the same thing with DD.

LArisa

Old August 25th 03, 11:22 PM
CNYstitcher

nope, BTDTGTTS (been there, done that, got the tshirt). DS is very
aware that he and daddy have the same equippment but that mommy is
completely different, and he doens't hesitate to point it
out.....however, it is usually only at home these days, and most often
out of the blue ("Mommy, how come you don't have..........? Did you
break it off?" LOL). We are introducing him to the concept of
privacy, and he actually is grasping it rather quickly, though I still
think that he is too young to send him into a restroom stall alone (he's
only 3)...I just help him get on the seat, then turn slightly away from
him so he gets privacy, but not abandonment.

Larisa

Old August 26th 03, 06:24 AM
melinda

CNYstitcher wrote:
Oh, I don't get the loud praise, I just get the loud questions: Mama,
are YOU going to go PEE now?? Do you have to POOP???..........we are
slowly breaking DS of this habit, adn in a few years, I can see having
to do the same thing with DD.

But with boys, don't you get the father to take them to the toilet (if
he's out with you)?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 26th 03, 06:28 AM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
I think the nurses take the manuals. That would explain why a baby in the
hospital is perfectly mannered and once you get them home they do all sorts
of things parents cant figure out..
And then they tear the labels off them so you cant return em either!
Diana

DS would NOT settle at night in the hospital, I think it was too quiet.
He sleeps quite well at night at home, we haven't been away overnight
yet.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 26th 03, 12:37 PM
Pat in Virginia

Melinda: Oh YES! And the Dad gets locker room duty and shower
duty, when camping or at the gym. Mom gets to attend to her own
needs in peace and quiet, at least when the Dad is around. I
always thought that was a perk of having two sons, not daughters.

PAT in VA/USA

Old August 26th 03, 01:17 PM
CNYstitcher

IF dad is out with you, but how often does that happen? Not often
enough in my house! I tried to get DH to do the grocery shopping once
(without the distraction of DS) and he got lost, so I can only imagine
what would happen if we all were out. I can still do most of the
groceries (hard to lift things, so the heavier items have to wait until
I can get DH to get them).

HOWEVER...having said that....the last time we were all out together, I
went to go to the bathroom, and DS threw the most awful fit when he saw
me walking away...he *had* to come with me....he didn't want daddy to
take him,...it goes in phases.

Larisa

Old August 26th 03, 02:02 PM
Teresa in Colorado

With DD#1 and DD#2, I had most of the bathroom duty. DH said that the mens
room wasn't appropriate. When DS#1 and DS#2 came along (at the same time),
I said that the ladies room wasn't appropriate. grin

--
Teresa in Colorado

Old August 26th 03, 08:47 PM
Dragonfly

Didn't the name help you at all? Or was it something like "Pat" or
"Chris" that didn't help you figure out the male/female thing at all?
I've been tired before, but not THAT tired!

But then again, once I had a totally believable, realistic dream that
I'd had another baby. I mean, the baby was born and nurtured through
its early life in the dream and everything. Later that week I was at
the doctor's and the nurse was taking my history.

Her: Number of live births?
Me: Three. (2 second pause) No, wait, two!
Her: (Puzzled look)
Then I had to explain about the dream!

I still have to think carefully and count before I answer that
question! "3" is the answer that pops into my mind even though I
really know it's 2!

Dragonfly

"LN \(remove NOSPAM\)" wrote in message ...
I'll toast to that.

I actually would love to hold a newborn for a few hrs, but that's all I
wanna do! I am not good without sleep! I actually couldn't remember if I had
a boy or a girl during one 2:00AM feeding. Kept me perplexed until the
diaper change.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Wait until you get the Baby Instruction Book w/ your new baby;
that will explain everything. *snicker*
Wait--you mean they don't come w/ Instruction Books??!!! VBG
Ask your friends with kids; they'll demo the items.
Go into a baby store or the baby section of a dept. store and
check it out in person; eye-opening, for sure.
American Baby magazine was free from our physician, 24 yrs. ago.
http://www.americanbaby.com/ Looks like it's still free.
Also, Parents magazine was a good resource.
http://www.parents.com/
Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy--- I love babies...
On toast!
"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
The other day a friend came by with her SUV and dumped a whole bunch of
baby stuff at my place, including a crib with all its trimmings, a car
seat, a chair that swings, another that vibrates, a stroller, two bags
of maternity tops a bunch of stuff like disposable diapers too small
for their monster (that baby is huge, and dense!) etc. Plus three bags
of baby clothes. My problems a

a) I don't know how the baby items are called!
b) I don't know if some of them are meant to be worn together, i.e. if
some are underwear and others go on top, etc. Or when to use what,
basically.
c) this goes along with other talk I've been hearing, such as layettes
and receiving blankets.

Is there something I can read, or a website you reccomend, that explains
all this?

Marissa
who has never been around babies, obviously!

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old August 26th 03, 08:55 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

and you have the gall to ask me why I couldn't remember the sex of my baby?
LOL I've had dreams that were so real too that I will tell people about
them thinking they really happened.

I was half asleep, so I couldn't remember if I had a boy or girl, therefore,
the name had escaped me too. (I'm really bad with sleep deprivation!)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

om...