OT Postcard Thank Yous 10/14

Old October 14th 05, 10:01 PM
Tricia

Default OT Postcard Thank Yous 10/14

Greetings all,

Before I forget, Patti S -- here's your answer from mom:
"Would love one from Seattle. Don't have 1/2 yet. Love all of them.
Many thanks!!"

Just got off the phone with mom and she says:
Has 15 states to date
Getting them in the mail is a LOT MORE fun than getting the bills in
the mail
You guys are continuing to make her day
She won't be putting the collage together until she has all her states
so all pictures of it will have to wait until then.

Today's mail arrivals and thank yous:
Pam in NY
Judy in Maine
Betty in Wisconsin (who sent two MN cards with a note about traveling
daughter)

To elaborate for those have been concerned mom's health -- she has
C.R.E.S.T. -- 5 auto-immune conditions combined to make one bigger
nasty condition. Her immune system weakens in the colder weather
(which unfortunately is also cold and flu season) so beginning last
year, her doctor put her on essentially house arrest from Oct. 1 to
April 1 -- wear a medical mask when out in public if going out cannot
be avoided.

Last year I took over doing her laundry and grocery shopping but I'm
not able to do that for her this year (this year I'm 260+ miles away,
not 15-30). But we got her using her crock pot and we gave her our old
bread maker so she can do a lot of at home things without putting a ton
of effort into them. This is a medical condition that won't go away,
and will only continue to get worse. As bad as house arrest sounds,
her overall health last year was improved -- less ER and hospital trips
-- as a result of being isolated.

She's been in a small flare lately so the cards that are arriving now
are really well timed and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for
it. If anyone wants a Michigan and/or Petoskey card in return, just
email me and let me know. I'll be glad to send some on.
I'll be down in Dallas just after Xmas and including NYs if anyone has
a strong desire for a postcard from there, let me know and I'll be glad
to obliege (sp?) ya.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Tricia

Old October 15th 05, 09:49 PM
Tricia

Default OT Postcard Thank Yous 10/15

Today's Mail Delivery:

"Got a beautiful postcard from Carolyn (can't make out last name) in
Tucson, AZ. Many thanks!!"

You guys are great!

Thank you!
Tricia