Lystre on glass in fusion oven (mirror / reflector effect for light)

Old November 9th 05, 02:18 AM
db

Default Lystre on glass in fusion oven (mirror / reflector effect for light)

"Søren M" wrote in message
Hello,

I am trying to get an mirror effect inside a bowl and some plane surfeses
of glass how do i do?

You might check out the process of Mercury Glass. (a misnomer)
see http://www.glass.co.nz/mercury.html

Old November 12th 05, 06:24 PM
Sundog

My sis has an early John Lewis vessel that would change your mind ... and
I've mixed metal leafing with glass since the 70's too ...appropriately, of
course! I got into it because I live a philosophy of 'try it and see'. If it
doesn't work out then that's just fine; but if I lose the drive to
experiment, then poor me ... cheers, JB

PS. ski season approacheth. Oh boy!!
"nJb" wrote in message
Søren M wrote:

"nJb" skrev i en meddelelse

Mike Firth wrote:

If you want a shiny effect in a non-functional bowl - you could
apply silver leaf or foil but you will have to protect the surface
with varnish or lacquer.

Yuk!

--
Jack

Plonked by Thomas

bobo1148atxmissiondotcom

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/

nJb,

Yuk! ?? because of the mixing of laquer and glas or?

/Søren

It sounds bad but I haven't seen the finished product.

Old November 13th 05, 04:22 AM
Michele Blank

Hey dog-dog! what have you been up to? You must have been making some really
kewl stuff cos' we know you don't do much once the snow flies!!!! so what's
new? m

k.net...

"nJb" wrote in message

Old November 13th 05, 04:07 PM
Sundog

Hey there M ... how ya Bee? I've been busy mostly designing since the snow
melted .... on a house full of stained glass ... well, ok, an entry group w/
sidelights and transom, 3 sets of interior double-doors with transoms,
several smaller windows, and one 5x7 foot panel exploring a theme of
Sandhill Cranes and Migration ... well abstracted as is my bent. But all the
door sets are non-representational, combining some reference elements of
prairie-style-ish glass, heavily subordinated to my own organic abstracts.
About to begin fabrication, and have acquired a great new helper (I usually
work alone).... AND I get to use 100% Handblown Full-Antique glass for all
of it. I love clients with good taste and the willingness to pay for it! The
only down'side is that I only bought a 40 day ski pass this
season...whaaa-aa-aa.... because I have to actually show up to get this job
done ya know...heheheheh.

Oh well.... it should pay for next winter "off", AND my season pass.....(big
grin). Oh, and I've been keeping in off-season shape this year by taking up
mountain biking again. This time I'm following around some real gorillas
that know how to do it right, and am learning a whole bunch... getting
leaner & stronger too! Of course it helps that I got a new full-suspension
Trek EX-9! Wheeee... now the downhill runs are a riot instead of requiring a
trip to the chiropractor. Biking Mt. Baldy is awesome...but skiing it is
still best ....;-)

What's new down at the beach, babe?

cheers, JB

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
Hey dog-dog! what have you been up to? You must have been making some

really
kewl stuff cos' we know you don't do much once the snow flies!!!! so

what's
new? m

k.net...

"nJb" wrote in message

Old November 13th 05, 11:27 PM
Michele Blank

don't forget some pics when you get to it! I'd love to see the project. my
current undertaking is a 12 foot wide Hawaiian scene with windsurfers,
volcano with lava, silver sword plants, waterfall, lots of awesome
water/waves, palm trees, (no hula girls, sorry). I'm doing it as a triptych
with totally cool glass though not all antique/blown. Nowhere near as
impressive as your project but it'll pay the mortgage for a bit. Still
trying to get the new house ready, my luck i'll be moving house, studioX2
and shop over Christmas.. Oh well, no family anyway so it'll keep me
occupied. How'd ya find a helper? Are they interested in some beach time
this summer? maybe we could trade ;) glad you're busy, but don't forget to
get in some runs as it improves ones outlook on work to enjoy some time off
on occasion! m

. net...

Old November 16th 05, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

I hear you, Beach Babe. A good helper is a miracle! I like the sound of your
project ..... did you get in a research trip, heheheh? I am jealous of your
new digs... I am so ready for an upgrade too....... JB

[...]

. net...

Old November 16th 05, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

well, you're welcome to come for a visit IF you bring along that
helper......As for the research, i had to rely on memory (not so good) and
photos, pretty good so it is a true product of artistic license. Who would
be actually windsurfing while the volcano is spewing lava behind them? But
that's art. m

news