Chinese Lamps from Homeshopping Club

Old November 5th 05, 01:04 AM

Default Chinese Lamps from Homeshopping Club

As you never fail to redemonstrate an intellecual incapability of
debating without childish personal insults.

Old November 5th 05, 01:24 AM

I'd be really interested in hearing more about the on-site repairs.
How
many a month do you do?
- As many as we get asked to do.

What techniques do you find useful?
- Being able to solder vertically and being able to replace glass
without cutting the lead.

How do you go
about figuring out a pricing structure?
- 50% for time spent doing the job 50% for knowing how to do the job.

Old November 5th 05, 02:45 AM
Javahut

If you're not satisfied with that income repairing Chinese glass, you
might try importing Columbian coke or Canadian pot.

I gotta hand it to you Dennis, you never miss an opportunity to show that
you are a complete and total asshole.

wrote in message
oups.com...
As you never fail to redemonstrate an intellecual incapability of
debating without childish personal insults.

There is no debate with that statement, it was offered as FACT in the same
way that you offer up fact. just because I said it makes it so, just as
you offer fact with the same clarity.

and please, do drive a load over the border , would you, your friends are
getting nailed left and right here in Windsor. probably attended a class on
how to smuggle from a known academy in Victoria.
Personally, have nothing against the material, just hate to have the local
boys have more competition from foreigners...dumb ones at that. They were
unloading from semi to SUV in the customs parking lot....figured if it was
in cardboard boxes the dogs couldn't smell it from 100 yards away.
Right....

Old November 5th 05, 03:01 AM
Moonraker

A bunch of non-answers. How about some specifics?

Subject: Chinese Lamps from Homeshopping Club
Date: Friday, November 04, 2005 8:24 PM

I'd be really interested in hearing more about the on-site repairs.
How
many a month do you do?
- As many as we get asked to do.

One? None? Fifty?

What techniques do you find useful?
- Being able to solder vertically and being able to replace glass
without cutting the lead.

So, what brand epoxy putty are you using?

How do you go
about figuring out a pricing structure?
- 50% for time spent doing the job 50% for knowing how to do the job.

Ummmm. That's real enlightening. Sounds like one of those "whatever the
traffic will bear" kind of operations, eh?

Old November 5th 05, 04:04 AM

If you want enlightenment, come to Vegas and take the class.

Old November 5th 05, 01:21 PM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you want enlightenment, come to Vegas and take the class.

I believe I have it now.

"those that can, do."

"those that can't, teach"

"those that can't teach, troll."

Old November 5th 05, 02:39 PM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you want enlightenment, come to Vegas and take the class.

Take the class? I don't think so. I can't afford to waste the time
listening to amateurs bloviate.

I just did a quick count of my on-site repair total so far this year. I've
already done almost 280 residential door and window repairs in the first 10
months of this year. In addition, I've also done 2 fairly major church
window projects and one nice sized commercial project.

I actually do something USEFUL in the glass business instead of making toy
boats that don't even float.

Old November 5th 05, 04:42 PM
JK@work

I want to publically congratulate your own Andy, for just winning the
Presidency of the Retailers of Art Glass & Supplies, election. (RAGS)
--

JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

Old November 5th 05, 09:22 PM

Lets all hope with all that experience selling supplies he's learned to
stop telling his customers to stretch lead.

Old November 5th 05, 09:55 PM
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
Lets all hope with all that experience selling supplies he's learned to
stop telling his customers to stretch lead.

What's wrong with stretching lead?

Or are you just used to working with floppy things?