Silly Question

Old February 17th 05, 02:22 AM
Gothikka

Default Silly Question

Please excuse the silly question, but I am trying to get used to using
Google Groups after directly accessing RCTQ via AOL. Could someone
possibly tell me how I can set my signature for future posts or do I
have to write it out every single time? TIA.

LRM in SW Michigan.
http://community.webshots.com/user/gothikka

Old February 17th 05, 02:53 AM
Dee in Oz

I don't know if we can, sure would be good if we could.

Dee in Oz

Old February 17th 05, 12:43 PM
Musicmaker

I assume you have an account with Google groups and sign in to use it? If
so, once you're signed in, click on "my groups" and then at the bottom of
the page there should be a link to "manage my subscriptions" That's where
you can set a nickname and whether or not you want to get all the recent
posts via email or not.

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
oups.com...

Old February 17th 05, 01:30 PM
Gothikka

Thanks. I already tried that area, but no joy. It's no big deal. I just
wondered if there was a way to " set " a signature, but I can write it
out each time. Thanks, anyway.

Old February 18th 05, 11:42 AM
Musicmaker

I'd try again - maybe there's something you've missed, because I've
permanently changed my nickname on Google to Musicmaker with no problem. I
only suggest you try again because in my experience it's easy to miss just
one button and cancel the whole process. Sorry I can't be any more help

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
http://users.consolidated.net/bettinger
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbet_99/my_photos
oups.com...

Old February 18th 05, 01:28 PM
Gothikka

Thanks for your suggestion, Cindy, but I don't want to change my
nickname on Google. I saw the section that allowed me to do that. I was
just wondering if there was a way to set one's " signature " at the end
of posts, so that I don't have to write it out each time, but it's
really no big deal if I have to do so. AOL allowed me to do that and I
wondered if Google had a similar feature.

LRM in snowy SW Michigan.

Musicmaker wrote:
I'd try again - maybe there's something you've missed, because I've
permanently changed my nickname on Google to Musicmaker with no

problem. I
only suggest you try again because in my experience it's easy to miss

just
one button and cancel the whole process. Sorry I can't be any more

help

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
http://users.consolidated.net/bettinger
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbet_99/my_photos
oups.com...

Old February 19th 05, 11:38 AM
Musicmaker

oh, ok. I finally understand your dilemna!

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
http://users.consolidated.net/bettinger
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbet_99/my_photos
ups.com...

Musicmaker wrote:
I'd try again - maybe there's something you've missed, because I've
permanently changed my nickname on Google to Musicmaker with no

problem. I
only suggest you try again because in my experience it's easy to miss

just
one button and cancel the whole process. Sorry I can't be any more

help

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
http://users.consolidated.net/bettinger
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbet_99/my_photos
"Gothikka" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Really silly question...Crochet Maeven Yarn 3 November 29th 04 12:44 PM
Silly question Cryn Quilting 73 May 28th 04 04:20 PM
Split Rings - silly question Zanaida Beads 12 May 11th 04 06:47 PM
silly newbie question dackwoo Quilting 3 March 1st 04 12:48 PM
Silly Question! Jan and Ron Rubberstamps 3 November 26th 03 05:12 PM