Collage Embroidery

Old July 11th 04, 02:48 PM
Bungadora

There are a lot of beaders who make dolls. I thought you might enjoy taking a
look at a couple of sites.

http://www.lidijafairbanks.net/index.html

http://celticat.freewebsitehosting.com/Celticat.html

Click the feti button for a look at the celticat dolls, the page will load, and
then click any of the thumbnails to see the full doll.
Dora
"Dolls"...UPDATE #3 - Collage Embroidery

From: lula

How silly of me not to clarify my statement about making a "mummy" shape
doll........you make an excellent point Mirjam!

A "mummy" doll version could have been any shape of a Mother.....plump,
thin or any shape inbetween!

At the time I was writing about the "mummy" idea for a doll shape, I was
thinking of the Egyptian version......the doll was an ancient version I
saw as a young child in NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art.

This small ancient Egyptian wooden paddle shaped doll with a painted
face and human hair wig made an awesome impression on me.
Even at that early age of six or seven years, I loved "artistic" or
handmade folk versions of dolls rather than typical mass market
Childhood toy dolls.

Dolls or human form can be made in any shape.......from Egyptian mummy
shape to any type of form a creative mind can come up with!
It was from that moment on, seeing that little ancient doll that I was
inspired to dream about making my own dolls or figures of such someday!

Using embroidery, applique, beading and so on to make my Queen "doll"
collage is a culmination of many years of observational osmosis and
daydreams!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Lula when you write Mummy , did you think Mummy as in the Egyptian
Pyramides , or a Mummy =mother ???
mirjam

Old July 11th 04, 06:05 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Bungadora wrote:
http://www.lidijafairbanks.net/index.html

Oh, my goodness! Not fond of the dog faces, but the rest are truly
inspirational. Well, actually, they just tie my hands in fits and my
heart says, "I can't do that!" They are intriguing. Thanks for the link.
Dianne

Old July 12th 04, 07:00 AM
emerald

I didn't get to see the Queen yet either ... what am I - chopped
liverrrrrrrrr? :-(

Me neither! Snif!

emerald

Old July 12th 04, 07:30 AM
lula

OOOOOPS!!! HOLY COW!!!.......HRH is now on her way north to your cozy
home via e-mail.........she left this note for you......

THE QUEEN plans to have a cuppa of tea or java
Bringing a special dish of buttery baklava
HRH plans to be there first thing in the morning
Just make sure all are awake and not snoring!!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

clancy wrote:

I didn't get to see the Queen yet either ... what am I - chopped
liverrrrrrrrr? :-(

Sharon (N.B.)

Old July 12th 04, 10:06 AM
lula

Emerald........welll, since you asked......

HRH is now cheerfully on her way
Riding the airwaves at this very moment
THE QUEEN will arrive with a lot to say
As HRH always has much to comment

Make sure to have fresh flowers
to decorate HRH dining room table
Light up the candles in the grand tower
And brush off THE QUEEN's deluxe sable
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old July 12th 04, 10:23 AM
lula

Thanks so much for sharing and posting these art doll sites!
I truly enjoyed seeing these artistic, unique dolls!

The figures are lovely with such fine details and most of all how unique
each one of these figures are!
I'd love to be able to make a doll figure like these eventually!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old July 12th 04, 11:39 AM
lula

Hi Majorie,

Thanks for sharing this cool site!
I'm so impressed seeing all these creative results from different
artists......the creative energy fairly jumps off the screen and as you
so aptly write......very contagious!!

THE QUEEN jpg is on the way via e-mail!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Marjorie Holme wrote:

Here's my offering to cool doll sites.
http://www.kivett-studio.com/index.html
Rhonda's energy is contagous and inspring. I used one of her free
patterns to create a cool beaded doll (which she published in her second
issue to my extreme delight). Marjorie

Embroidery software futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 06:13 AM
Japanese Embroidery Ctr - Mary Monica & Dianne Please Read Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 11 December 5th 03 10:10 PM
Books about Stitches - longish list Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 20 August 8th 03 07:27 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM