announcing ebay listings? Wooden Hoops

Old June 3rd 04, 10:04 AM
Pat P

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors. But unless I grovel,
you won't accept it, I'm afraid. You brought up the knitting error.
There wasn't one.

There wasn't a knitting error? Sure there was. You said that SSK might
mean something that it doesn't mean. That was an error. I think
Caryn's making too much of it, but it did happen.

Elizabeth

Much as I love BOTH of them - you`re right.Elizabeth, on BOTH counts. I
remembered that one too. But what the hell does it matter?

Pat P

Old June 3rd 04, 11:44 AM
Caryn

Much as I love BOTH of them - you`re right.Elizabeth, on BOTH counts. I
remembered that one too. But what the hell does it matter?

You are right, it doesn't matter.

I shouldn't allow it to bother me.

I can't control the actions of others, I should at least control myself.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 3rd 04, 01:49 PM
Lucille

Ok Guys--Caryn and I made a correction when Dianne misstated a knitting
stitch. Big effin Deal--I also stupidly figured when Dianne thanked me for
the correction the issue was closed.

Don't you think it's a bit much to bring it up months later because someone
is ****ed at something else.

Lucille

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 3rd 04, 01:54 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

According to my certified dietician/nutrionist: 8 calories to 1 carb

Now, if you want to call HER nuts, be my guest. But to my understanding,
there is an unwritten rule here that we don't attack "people". It's one
thing to dispute an idea, it's quite another to start name calling and
direct posts to people in mean, spiteful ways.
Dianne

K wrote:
Dianne Lewandowski wrote in
:

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors.

How many calories does a gram of carbs have again?

Old June 3rd 04, 01:56 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I said "might". That means I wasn't sure. I was asking a question and
posturing a possible conclusion. I accepted, in a later post, that I
didn't have the right answer. I just didn't grovel about it, or say
directly, "I was wrong."

My mother is one of those people who always want people to "admit"
things. It's a hateful way to live and allows the other fellow no grace.

Dianne

Old June 3rd 04, 01:58 PM
Dr. Brat

Lucille wrote:
Ok Guys--Caryn and I made a correction when Dianne misstated a knitting
stitch. Big effin Deal--I also stupidly figured when Dianne thanked me for
the correction the issue was closed.

Don't you think it's a bit much to bring it up months later because someone
is ****ed at something else.

Yep, that's why I said I think Caryn is making too much of it. But
Caryn's agreed and pretty much said that she'll try not to, so I'm happy
to let things drop.

It can be hard, when someone irritates you, to sit on your hands. And
once I've gotten into something with someone, I know I can have a
terrible time letting it go. I think we all learn over time. One of
the things I love about usenet, along with all the practical
information, is how much I've learned about myself and my own reactions
over the years I've been here.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 3rd 04, 02:06 PM
Lucille

For crying out tears--drop it. Please drop it. Pretty please drop it. The
two of you can't let go and it's not a pretty picture.

Old June 3rd 04, 02:33 PM

K wrote:
Dianne Lewandowski wrote in
:

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors.

How many calories does a gram of carbs have again?

Dianne Lewandowski wrote in
:

According to my certified dietician/nutrionist: 8 calories to 1 carb

Now, if you want to call HER nuts, be my guest. But to my understanding,
there is an unwritten rule here that we don't attack "people". It's one
thing to dispute an idea, it's quite another to start name calling and
direct posts to people in mean, spiteful ways.

Interesting. Instead of taking the opportunity to admit you were wrong,
you chose obfuscation. Where did I call you names? How is my post mean-
spirited? You were wrong about the number of calories in a gram of carbs,
and I gave you the opportunity to show Caryn was wrong and that you could
admit your mistakes. But you didn't do that. You stuck to your original
incorrect claim that a gram of carbs has 8 calories.

For the record, I don't think your dietician is nuts. I think you are
misinterpretting her note. I explained what I thought she meant and why
you were wrong in great detail way back when. But not once did you admit
that you were wrong. It isn't the first time it has happened, and I'm sure
it won't be the last. But Caryn's point is valid, at least in my
experience with your postings here in all the years I've been on RCTN.

Karen

Old June 3rd 04, 03:08 PM
Dr. Brat

Stitcher wrote:

"GLADIATORS!!!! back to the center of the ring please, overlook
nothing, cut no slack regardless of the circumstances, be the last
one standing but be right." "Live long and be right!!!!"

*chuckle*

You go, GOW!

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 3rd 04, 03:58 PM
Caryn

I said "might". That means I wasn't sure. I was asking a question and
posturing a possible conclusion. I accepted, in a later post, that I
didn't have the right answer. I just didn't grovel about it, or say
directly, "I was wrong."

My mother is one of those people who always want people to "admit"
things. It's a hateful way to live and allows the other fellow no grace.

Your mother seems to want honesty from others.

Interesting that you find that desire "hateful."

I was taught that admitting one's mistakes was a sign of maturity, and that
continuing to grow as a person throughout my life was something to be strived
for.