announcing ebay listings? Wooden Hoops

Old June 2nd 04, 10:04 PM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
By all means, keep posting exactly the way you have been. But expect

people to

correct you when you make mistakes. It's our right to post how we want to

too!

It is. So why do you refuse to recognize Dianne's right to post how she
wants to, in response to whatever she wants to?

Did I not just acknowledge her right?

You did. But you started out asking her when she was going to cut it
out and your "acknowledgement" is phrased more as a threat than an
acknowledgement.

It just seems to me that you want Dianne to stop doing something that
annoys you and you're going to follow her around until she does. But
whatever. Surely I have little room to speak.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 2nd 04, 10:15 PM
Caryn

It just seems to me that you want Dianne to stop doing something that
annoys you and you're going to follow her around until she does. But
whatever. Surely I have little room to speak.

lol

I don't go looking for her posts and read them maliciously hoping to find
something to comment on. Honestly!

But sometimes I just can't "sit on my hands" when I come across something that
bugs the crap out of me and I say what bugs me.

I think you understand that urge, yes?

Caryn

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 2nd 04, 11:03 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Caryn wrote to my query - carefully forgetting to include the rest of my
post:
So, what's your point in all of this grousing?

That you make mistakes. That you might want to consider NOT
answering a question that you do NOT actually know the correct answer
to.

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors. But unless I grovel,
you won't accept it, I'm afraid. You brought up the knitting error.
There wasn't one.

Everybody makes mistakes, most can admit to them. When asked a
question we don't know the answer to we, wisely, choose to keep quiet
rather than display our ignorance to the world.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But notice how you are
being judgmental.

My mistake was apparently thinking maybe, just maybe, once in your
life you would admit to being human, not knowing everything about
everything and making mistakes.

Aha. So THAT'S what's bothering you. Your perception of me, thinking I
have a god complex. How very wrong you are. You see, this type of
communication can be so very deceiving.

BTW, is "grousing" your word of the day from a calendar or something?
I've found that a thesaurus helps me a lot when I need a new word,
rather than repeating myself.

A very well-known author recently told me that writer's frequently do
that: get a word in their head and use it several times. I could
extrapolate that means I'm in good company. But that wouldn't be true.
I'm repeating the word similarly to Elizabeth's use of a word
"creative" (she actually used a phrase) when responding to another
poster (MJ).

By all means, keep posting exactly the way you have been. But expect
people to correct you when you make mistakes. It's our right to post
how we want to too!

Well, I had absolutely no idea that usenet was petitioned and that you
were annointed with the task of correcting other people's errors,
whether they made them or not. Whatever is in your eyes is what we are
to believe.

Dianne

Old June 3rd 04, 12:18 AM
Pat P

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
[...]

Careful with the apostrophes, Dianne! ;-))

Pat P

Old June 3rd 04, 01:45 AM
Caryn

Whatever is in your eyes is what we are
to believe.

People are entitled to their opinions.

I state mine loudly, as you do yours.

My opinion is that I am tired of you acting like an expert on everything.

You aren't, nobody is.

My level of expertise in knitting is definitely superior to yours, but even I
learn new things with new patterns.

You know more about surface embroidery than I do, and I freely admit it. But
can you admit that there are things you don't know?

Caryn
p.s. Look Darla I got "definitely" right this time! ROFL
Old June 3rd 04, 02:39 AM
Gillian Murray

To Caryn and Dianne,

I have had the pleasure of meeting Caryn, but unfortunately have not yet had
the same pleasure with Dianne.(Maybe next year when we go to Indiana). I
like you both from what I know, and respect your viewpoints. You are both
intelligent, creative women. You both have knowledge and skills; some of
them are slanted to Caryn's knowledge, and some towards Dianne's.

If this nonsense keeps up, folks will killfile both names, and a lot of
knowledge will be lost. Have you all noticed how the number of posts have
drastically dropped?? Could it be that people don't want to see quarrelsome
kids. They have them at home!! Just my thoughts, but 24 posts overnight is
very slow.

However, enough is enough. PLEASE stop this sniping; each of you take three
BIG breaths, and think before you post.; we are all stitchers, and although
our personal beliefs are fair game, please don't beat them in the ground. It
reminds me of the last president wanting to define "this" (DH gave me that,
I thought it was another small word) and it denigrates you in the eyes of
people who do not know you, and all they see is this unpleasantness. There
is so much good in this group, and I hate to see future stitching-addicts
turned off.

Off the soap-box. However I am very serious.

Gillian, the peacemaker!!

Old June 3rd 04, 02:46 AM

Dianne Lewandowski wrote in
:

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors.

How many calories does a gram of carbs have again?

Old June 3rd 04, 03:35 AM
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I have, and I will continue to acknowledge errors. But unless I grovel,
you won't accept it, I'm afraid. You brought up the knitting error.
There wasn't one.

There wasn't a knitting error? Sure there was. You said that SSK might
mean something that it doesn't mean. That was an error. I think
Caryn's making too much of it, but it did happen.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 3rd 04, 03:38 AM
Dr. Brat

Gillian Murray wrote:

However, enough is enough. PLEASE stop this sniping; each of you take three
BIG breaths, and think before you post.; we are all stitchers, and although
our personal beliefs are fair game, please don't beat them in the ground. It
reminds me of the last president wanting to define "this" (DH gave me that,
I thought it was another small word) and it denigrates you in the eyes of
people who do not know you, and all they see is this unpleasantness. There
is so much good in this group, and I hate to see future stitching-addicts
turned off.

Off the soap-box. However I am very serious.

Gillian, the peacemaker!!

If you want to make peace, Gillian, you might try assigning blame where
it is due. Dianne doesn't snipe at Caryn; in fact, she mostly ignores
her. Caryn, by her own admission, can't keep from sniping at Dianne,
and then Dianne defends herself.

Dianne irritates Caryn just by being herself. I hardly think it's fair
to ask her to stop.

Elizabeth

Old June 3rd 04, 10:00 AM
Pat P

Gillian, the peacemaker!!

Just send them some of your needles and they`ll be too busy!!! ;-)) (And
yes I KNOW it`s not spelt like that!)

Pat P