So what will today bring

Old January 28th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default So what will today bring

We lucked out - south of us got 4"+ and ice - we only got 1" or so and
no ice. Still cold, yucky and sloppy. And of course, dd's practices
end late (9:00), so the roads start to slick up again. That cold also
seems to be making the rounds: both of my kiddos are blowing and
stuffy, although not quite sick enough to stay home. j

BUT the sun is out today! Hooray!

Linda
Old January 28th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/28/09 6:16 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

As it is SNOWING AGAIN.

And there is no school

So, the DS will sleep late, the DD is going to be made to go back to sleep.

I'm going to read and stitch and try and keep up with the housework

Cheryl

LOL - there is kind of snow here. But, what it really has brought is an ice
rink instead of a street, The houses on the other side of the cul-de-sac
usually melt off quickly, while our side keeps cooler, snow stays longer.
Even the drives that were shoveled clear - looking out the window across -
are completely covered in ice.

We checked the news at 6:15, schools closed (too treacherous for driving).
Gov on liberal (unscheduled) leave. DH let the pooch out, came back with
him - and said "I'm on leave - it's a skating rink out there" . News says
it's all the 2ndry roads, but of course is much worse in places that aren't
prepared for cold.

Dog & DH - snuggled in bed (well, one in the bed, one on the bed).

Supposedly will go above freezing in the afternoon - looks to me
questionable here - we'll see.

Me - making coffee, breakfast with my honey as my DH would say, and will sit
by fireplace and work like demon on Amethyst Dreams. While being bothered
by furfaced inspection team leader. Unless the roads clear really - and
then can go on minor errands.

Sorry, Cheryl - no fun for you!

Oddest accident here - one of the highways in MD, Rt 4, traffic stopped due
to 18 wheeler skidding out on ice and dumping its load - horse manure.
Evidently was coming from Laurel raceway.

Ellice

Old January 28th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/28/09 8:51 AM, "MargW" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
As it is SNOWING AGAIN.

And there is no school

So, the DS will sleep late, the DD is going to be made to go back to sleep.

I'm going to read and stitch and try and keep up with the housework

Cheryl

Snowing heavily here right now with a total of 15-20 cm (6-8 inches)
total forecast.

It's laundry, stitching (finish some artist trading cards), trivia and a
walk to get the mail.

Should plan something warm and cozy for supper that needs to cook all day.

MargW

Ah, you've given me an idea. I can go stare at the freezer to see what
fixin's I have to do something warm and cozy. I meant to soak posole
(large, white hominy that is used to make a sort of soup-stew, common in
northern NM, NE Arizona - from the Navajo). Darn - I don't know if I can
soak this morning, and manage to cook in the afternoon.

We're on the same schedule - laundry & stitching. As long as the detergent
holds out.

Ellice

Old January 28th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/28/09 9:02 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/28/09 8:51 AM, in article , "MargW"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
As it is SNOWING AGAIN.

And there is no school

So, the DS will sleep late, the DD is going to be made to go back to sleep.

I'm going to read and stitch and try and keep up with the housework

Cheryl

Snowing heavily here right now with a total of 15-20 cm (6-8 inches)
total forecast.

It's laundry, stitching (finish some artist trading cards), trivia and a
walk to get the mail.

Should plan something warm and cozy for supper that needs to cook all day.

MargW

I have had the craving for real beef stew - not something from a can, but I
also know I'm the only one that is going to eat it, so it's not happening
soon.

I'm also looking for an excuse to make "Bob's Chili" - needs hot peppers,
beef and not much else.

Cheryl

I made Cincinatti chili last week - actually grabbed a recipe from Cook's,
with some modifications of course. Interesting - used some cocoa powder in
the spice mix. Their rather odd revelation was to boil the meat for about
2-3 minutes - so it would separate, some fat came out, then take it out and
drain. Then wiped out same suacepan, and continued the recipe. Turned out
well - so we had Chili Mac (on pasta). I do have some in the freezer,
but....

We'll see.

Ellice

Old January 28th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 28, 9:55*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/28/09 8:18 AM, in article
,

" wrote:
On Jan 28, 8:05*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:16:52 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

As it is SNOWING AGAIN.

And there is no school

So, the DS will sleep late, the DD is going to be made to go back to sleep.

I'm going to read and stitch and try and keep up with the housework

Cheryl

It is changing it's mind here, the temp will rise today, early evening
up to 15cm of snow, then later up to 15cm rain as the temp goes
higher. * So this time tomorrow ? *Bloody great mess I expect.

I'm well prepared for tomorrow to be a snow day here. I'm listening to
a radio show from Toronto right now, and they have a storm in
progress. I think it's the same system that's getting you, Cheryl, and
it'll arrive here tonight. The plows are out in Toronto right now, and
the entire radio station just had to be evacuated because a snowplow
hit a gas main a block away. They were broadcasting live via cellphone
for about ten minutes from outside. They just said the leak's been
capped, and everyone can go back inside. Oh good.
Have a good day, Cheryl. Hopefully everybody naps a lot. Sheena, I
hope you can get to your appointment tomorrow. Take care!

Louisa

Oh dear me. Hope you and yours stay safe. Gas leaks of any sort are scary..

Cheryl

Everyone's fine. The leak was capped very quickly, and the station was
only evacuated for about ten minutes, but as I was listening, I heard
my brother come on the air from inside the building. Apparently
somebody had to stay inside to keep them on the air. I hope my mother
was on her way to work by then.
A fibre sale sounds like fun. Heaven knows, you've earned a day out!

Louisa
Old January 28th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

I did grammy-please-take-me-to-school-so-I-sleep-an-extra-hour duty this
morning. It's pouring again and the little gadget on my 'puter desktop says
it's 62 outside. Please cross all your fingers, toes, and eyes to ward off any
more slides caused by water eroding banks and holding areas.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 28th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/28/09 9:42 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/28/09 8:51 AM, "MargW" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

I'm low in "what could I make department". I recently tried a variant on
Chicken Parm that was pretty decent. (got up, removed chix from freezer) I
think that sounds like a dinner plan. Only have iceberg for salads, but it
will work

Cheryl

Bring in the clowns John Quilting 10 January 3rd 08 04:24 PM
Always bring your own lighting :-D [email protected] Beads 10 November 30th 06 09:37 PM
Grip to bring the rim in? Bubbles Pottery 16 August 18th 05 02:36 AM
what to bring on vacation Irrational Number Quilting 28 July 13th 04 05:20 PM
Bring up the Rear! Polly Esther Quilting 1 January 4th 04 10:28 AM