:)

Old December 5th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Caryn

Default :)

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/5/06 12:54 PM, in article
, "Caryn"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/4/06 11:39 AM, in article
, "Tracey"
wrote:

Karen C - California wrote:
bungadora wrote:

The trouble with suits is they don't generally hand wash well. (sigh)

Well, yeah, suits were the one thing that I had to pay to have dry
cleaned, but no way around it when you have to wear a suit to work.
Actually, with many of my suits, I'd wash the skirt and blouse and only
pay to have the jacket cleaned.

And now it looks like I will never again have to get trussed up in
either a suit or pantihose ever again in my life. HOORAY! Nice comfy
clothes and sensible shoes forever.

For all the people who don't like pantyhose or suits, come and live in
Hawaii. This state has the most laid back work dress code ever.

Tracey

WAAAY back when Hughes and Raytheon merged, some of the guys that went to
Tucson to visit would come back with stories of how causally the management
chain dressed. Quite a change from straight laced local management where
there was a fairly firm dress code of slacks, dress shirts and ties for the
men, dress pants or skirts for the women. (BTW, that included me, a mere
engineer on the manufacturing floor)

THEN, one sunny summer day, three of the visiting managers had to go to
Medical for heat related woes - walking around out side the plant in their
wool suits, ties and buttoned shirts.

Cheryl

That's just Brilliant! lol

My office dress code is very conservative, can't wear anything that
gives a hint of clevage, shortest skirt allowed is 1" above the knee,
pantyhose & closed-toe shoes. Men in dress shirts, nice pants and
ties.

Works until summer unless there is plenty of AC
Except on Friday when we wear nice jeans and polo shirts or nice
blouses.

I live for Friday! lol

Caryn

Some offices freeze, while others are always too warm. I sit in a warm
zone (even now the temp in the reception area is in the mid to upper
70's while the conference room directly behind me is 68!

Building maintenance seems to be ignoring our repeated
requests....perhaps because the rent is late? lol

Caryn