My Treasure Hunt Today

Old September 12th 04, 04:12 AM
~Candace~

Default My Treasure Hunt Today

Well, it has been one heck of a long day for this household. I rolled out
of bed last night around midnight, and tried to go back around 4am, but the
mind wouldn't shut off. So, when Adam's alarm went off at 4:30, I asked him
if I could take him to work today, since I wanted to yard sale in that that
town, and he only had to work from 6:30 to 9am today.
To make this long story short, I'll list the day two ways--what we did and
what we bought

Took Adam to work, a 30 minute drive.
Browsed the nearest town for yard sales, figured out no one was up before
7am, and had a cheapie breakfast with the kids at McDonald's.
Actually stopped at a couple places, but didn't really have much luck.
Picked Adam up at 9am.
Went to the bank and the post office (Jalynne, your lil one's package got
mailed)
Yard saled for about 2 hours here in our town.
Drove to Cape to go to Hobby Lobby.
Got the menfolk haircuts.
Went to Best Buy looking for the correct USB cable for the digi cam--still
bought the wrong one.
Had Chinese for lunch.
Went to the Salvation Army.
Came home briefly.
Went back out to WalMart for the correct USB cable.

Things we bought today
a vintage lucite bicone double strand choker (a dollar)
a 4 strand silver drape chain necklace, with a kick butt silver box clasp (a
dollar)
a short bracelet of grade A cat's eye fiber optic 8mm beads (a quarter!)
the entire set of the LOTR's promotional shirt pins(got an extra Legolas for
me, gonna eBay the rest) (less than ten cents each)
a shirt for Dare that matches one Adam owns(a dollar)
a heart and scrolls pin for stamping into clay (a quarter)
a sterling silver heart pendant (a quarter)
the Kato blade (came ready to slice deeply into my thumb--man that bled
forever, lol)
the Sculpey clay extruder gun
all the pearl colors I could find in clay
the correct USB cable
a printer that works for 5 bucks! we'll get the right connection cable for
it next week
a new keyboard, cause ours was all funked up
an Altoids tin
a wooden egg

So, I had a very busy day, but I came home with a lot of treasure, and a lot
of things to play with while I'm claying. Oh--and I made an autumn cane,
taking inspiration from Kandice's Halloween bead set--I used nearly the same
colors, I think
It'll be so nice to see this cane in paper thin slices, instead of the mm's
thick slices I had been getting.

Oh, btw, *grinning from ear to ear* guess who got the CF card for the
digicam? Give me a day or so to familiarize myself with how it all works,
and let the auctions begin!
*grooving to her own happy music*

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 12th 04, 04:27 AM
starlia

Dammit! I want those LOTR pins.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old September 12th 04, 06:06 AM
~Candace~

Free shipping on my next auction win from you and there yours. Final offer,
since you wouldn't take the free or ten cents a piece offer

"starlia" wrote in message
Dammit! I want those LOTR pins.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old September 12th 04, 06:11 AM
starlia

I suppose.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message
Dammit! I want those LOTR pins.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old September 12th 04, 06:15 AM
~Candace~

hee hee hee
Love you

"starlia" wrote in message
I suppose.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message
Dammit! I want those LOTR pins.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old September 12th 04, 06:24 AM
starlia

Love ya back.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"~Candace~" wrote in message
om...
hee hee hee
Love you

"starlia" wrote in message
I suppose.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

"starlia" wrote in message
Dammit! I want those LOTR pins.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

om...

Old September 12th 04, 03:39 PM
Stephanie

Good shopping! I can't wait to see what's up on the next in the Princess
Auctions. I hope your hunt for a printer cable will be easier than the camera
cable.

..Stephanie..

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes
from within. It is there all the time. Anna Freud

Old September 12th 04, 05:07 PM
Dr. Sooz

WHAT SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! KLUNK

How the hell is your thumb?!?!?

Things we bought today
a vintage lucite bicone double strand choker (a dollar)
a 4 strand silver drape chain necklace, with a kick butt silver box clasp (a
dollar)
a short bracelet of grade A cat's eye fiber optic 8mm beads (a quarter!)
the entire set of the LOTR's promotional shirt pins(got an extra Legolas for
me, gonna eBay the rest) (less than ten cents each)
a shirt for Dare that matches one Adam owns(a dollar)
a heart and scrolls pin for stamping into clay (a quarter)
a sterling silver heart pen~~~~~~~~snipped, good gravy!~~~~~~~

~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 12th 04, 05:08 PM
Dr. Sooz

Took Adam to work, a 30 minute drive.
Browsed the nearest town for yard sales, figured out no one was up before
7am, and had a cheapie breakfast with the kids at McDonald's.
Actually stopped at a couple places, but didn't really have much luck.
Picked Adam up at 9am.
Went to the bank and the post office (Jalynne, your lil one's package got
mailed)
Yard saled for about 2 hours here in our town.
Drove to Cape to go to Hobby Lobby.
Got the menfolk haircuts.
Went to Best Buy looking for the correct USB cable for the digi cam--still
bought the wrong one.
Had Chinese for lunch.
Went to the Salvation Army.
Came home briefly.
Went back out to WalMart for the correct USB cable.

Reading this nearly sent me back to BED. Holy crap, Candace, where do you get
the energy?!?
~~

Old September 12th 04, 07:21 PM
Kandice Seeber