STOLEN QUILT ALERT!!!!!!

Old June 12th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default STOLEN QUILT ALERT!!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2008/06...en-quilts.html
here is the story, please read it.

http://www.valeriehearder.com/galleries.htm
here is the quilters website with all her work on it.
i'd not heard of her til this was posted to a yahoo group
but my oh my she does something lovely indeed with cotton,
batting and thread.
i hope someone finds all her quilts soon so she feels like
all is right with the world again.
she must be devastated to lose so much of her art.
not sure how many of these were taken out of the locked boot
of her car but i know what they oughta do to the thief
if/when he is caught, however the language would not be
appreciated here.

grrrrrrrrrrrr,
j.

Old June 12th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Horrible. I just borrowed her book from our guild library. I love her
work. I certainly hope they catch the creep.
Gen

Old June 13th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Default STOLEN QUILT ALERT! - what to look for

I received an email from the my Quebec quilt association with more info
on the quilts that were stolen and who to contact if you have any
information. I quote:

Here is a bit of an update from Val, as posted on the internet list
"QuiltArt" where Val is a member...
"One of the quilts is on my homepage top right - purple with yellow gold
flames in the centre - it actually belongs to a collector - I'd just
borrowed it back for a show. Also, in my gallery section, one of my
African Skirts called "Fertility". Also a quilt called "Tropic of
Capricorn" - a major work from my African Skirt series.
My work is distinctive so, should anyone see works that look like mine
oneBay please contact Constable Coady of the Royal Newfoundland
Constabulary in St. John's Newfoundland immediately - they have ways of
tracking down the sellers. Const. Coady said my best hope is to spread
the word.
I'm far from home and not with my computer so I can't keep abreast of my
emails or update my web site http://www.valeriehearder.com"

I sure hope that the quilts are found for her. This is such a
devastating thing to happen at our national quilt show.
Allison in Montreal

Old June 13th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Another update - here is more detailed contact information:
Teri Springer teri at fiberandthread dot com
Royal Newfoundland Constabulary 709-729-8000.

nzlstar* wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2008/06...en-quilts.html
here is the story, please read it.

http://www.valeriehearder.com/galleries.htm
here is the quilters website with all her work on it.
i'd not heard of her til this was posted to a yahoo group but my oh my
she does something lovely indeed with cotton, batting and thread.
i hope someone finds all her quilts soon so she feels like all is
right with the world again.
she must be devastated to lose so much of her art.
not sure how many of these were taken out of the locked boot of her
car but i know what they oughta do to the thief if/when he is caught,
however the language would not be appreciated here.

grrrrrrrrrrrr,
j.

A peek into history--a quilt stolen monique Quilting 4 February 25th 06 11:54 PM
Lost/stolen quilt site? Volfie, Owner, GizzMutt Stables Quilting 2 February 20th 05 09:43 PM
Quilt Show Alert Sudrlg Quilting 0 April 2nd 04 01:51 PM
quilt stolen from post office..... Kristen L. Renneker Quilting 32 September 30th 03 01:18 AM
Stolen Quilt Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 9 September 15th 03 08:52 PM