Blasting lettering

Old August 22nd 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Blasting lettering

I'm biding on a job that needs block letters etched into flashed glass for
a memorial window. Any templates or clever shortcuts to do this, short of
cutting out all the letters in resist? Maybe a computer driven outfit that
does this? Years ago there used to be a company that sold dye cut block
lettering.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old August 22nd 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Cactus Bob

glassman wrote:
I'm biding on a job that needs block letters etched into flashed glass for
a memorial window. Any templates or clever shortcuts to do this, short of
cutting out all the letters in resist? Maybe a computer driven outfit that
does this? Years ago there used to be a company that sold dye cut block
lettering.

Try these folks: http://www.rayzist.com/.

They will produce computer carved lettering for you. Just peel, apply,
blast and viola!

--Cactus Bob
Old August 22nd 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Cactus Bob" wrote in message
glassman wrote:
I'm biding on a job that needs block letters etched into flashed glass
for a memorial window. Any templates or clever shortcuts to do this,
short of cutting out all the letters in resist? Maybe a computer driven
outfit that does this? Years ago there used to be a company that sold dye
cut block lettering.

Try these folks: http://www.rayzist.com/.

They will produce computer carved lettering for you. Just peel, apply,
blast and viola!

--Cactus Bob

Thanks this is the company I was thinking about from years ago...

Old August 22nd 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
David Billington

glassman wrote:

I'm biding on a job that needs block letters etched into flashed glass for
a memorial window. Any templates or clever shortcuts to do this, short of
cutting out all the letters in resist? Maybe a computer driven outfit that
does this? Years ago there used to be a company that sold dye cut block
lettering.

Someone I know was doing this recently, she just went to a local sign
shop and they cut normal sign making film to her requirements. Seems to
stand upto blasting well although I expect not as well as the thicker
films I have seen intended as blasting masks. I expect most if not all
sign shops these days have the pen plotter like film cutters.

Removing Ironed On Lettering from shirts [email protected] Quilting 10 April 13th 06 08:50 AM
Sand blasting glass?? Boner the Cat Glass 2 February 9th 06 10:39 PM
Lettering Font Henry Springer Carving 2 October 18th 05 02:53 PM
Lettering on Stick Rich Carving 4 August 27th 05 02:20 PM
looking for sand blasting equipment tworiverspark Glass 10 November 11th 03 04:38 PM