Minkee question

Old February 9th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Minkee question

I got my first baby top finished today. It is soooo cute, if I don't
say so myself. LOL

The Minkee for the back of this one came very promptly in the mail
yesterday (thank God again for Wish Upon A Quilt).

Now my only question is - should I wash and dry the Minkee before
working with it? I plan to hand quilt this while I'm in waiting
scenarios.

TIA, Hugs,
Tina

Old February 9th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
Pink Panther!

Ragmop/Sandy -- hearing Peter Sellars and Steve Martin
saying something about " the minkee."

oups.com...

Old February 9th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tina wrote:
Now my only question is - should I wash and dry the Minkee before
working with it?

I wash and dry everything, so I washed and dried the minkee. I didn't
measure shrinkage afterward, so I can't help to say how much it would
shrink, sorry. I was using red minkee and it bled quite bit in the
presoaking, but that's common with red fabric in general anyway
(recipient insists that the finished quilt has been washed and dried in
washer/drier and came out just fine).

Lynn

Old February 9th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I never prewash anything. I made a quilt recently with a pieced cotton
top and one gigantic piece of minkee for the back. Made the whole quilt
and then washed it. The shrinkage was normal (read the same) for both
sides. I had a fair amount of quilting. Here it is if you'd like to
peek.

http://community.webshots.com/album/532398848IwHjws

Melissa in NJ

Old February 9th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That's adorable Melissa! Is the No. 19 - the number of the quilt you
have made?

Thanks for sharing,
Tina

Old February 10th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That's a beauty Melissa! Linda in Tx

Old February 10th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yep...I had a tough time remembering which one came in what order after
awhile...so I just started numbering them like an artist might number
prints. So for gift quilts and personal quilts I have made 19. For
commission quilts my "numbering" scheme is C-A, C-B, etc. And hug
quilts I am in the process of the first. That one will be H-1.

The joke around the family is that one day when I am rich and famous
quilter (LOL) my family can say "I have a Melissa Boos #2" or a "Number
4". Hehehe.

Melissa in NJ

Old February 10th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I think that's a wonderful organizational tool Melissa!

That would work for me too - I remember them by name so far - but I
realized recently that they ARE growing in number and when I think
about the "number" it makes me feel really good and productive! It
might be a good motivational tool for me to get more quilts DONE! LOL

Let's see, the current baby blanket would be, #5 !

How do you count table runners, vests and stockings in your quilty
countdown?

Hugs,
Tina

Old February 10th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No real count for those kinda things. Just make sure I always get a
picture so I remember them.

Melissa in NJ

Another Minkee question - how long to make a little bear?? FurrsomeFoursome Quilting 7 May 18th 05 04:58 PM
another minkee question PatS Quilting 4 May 8th 05 05:12 PM
minkee question quilter Quilting 3 May 8th 05 02:45 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dr. Sooz Beads 0 April 22nd 05 07:24 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Polly S. Beads 0 April 22nd 05 06:29 AM