I have entered the twilight zone of the Bloggesphere

Old September 5th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default I have entered the twilight zone of the Bloggesphere

Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

Old September 5th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Hey there John, I just read your first entry. Some of the info I
knew from your postings and other info was new but all of it
pretty interesting. You folks are pretty adventurous. I confess
I didn't know what the fixed gear was. I'd probably kill myself on
one of those bikes!
You got out of CA at a good time. I have lived most all my life
here and we are trying to figure out where to head now that dh has
retired. We may just be here forever. Most of my family is within
100 miles or so and DH has little family left. I guess we should
follow your lead and get out and see the country.
I don't think you need any anti flame suits but I would suggest anyone
making meetup with you bring a bottle of wine instead of chocolate.
BTW, there are no shortages of narrow minds pretty much everywhere
if you look about. LOL
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed 'meeting' you and a bit of your wife.
TAria

Old September 5th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

In message .com, John
writes
Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

A very interesting account John.
It used to be one of my dreams to go off in a camper van for a summer
but we never got around to it.

Your wife's interest in Genealogy caught my eye, I have just signed up
to do my second course at the Adult Education Centre ACE to research our
family. Some of my DH's ancestors went to USA in the late 1800's but
came back after about 12 years when the husband died.
I wished I had have got into the family history 8 years ago. I could
have checked it up at Ellis Island when I was taken there by my email
pal when I visited her. I have got back to 1605 in one branch of the
family.

Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old September 5th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

Ah the life on the road.......you either love it or hate it.....fortunately
both DH and I like it but we've never sold up completely and hit the road.
The longest we've been away is 6 months. Planning a trip next year down to
Adelaide, up to Alice Springs, Darwin then back down to NSW via Townsville
(kids living there). Eldest born at Alice in 1971, haven't been back since.

The dry town really got my attention. I had heard about it in the States
but thought that it had sort of faded into history. Are you able to go to
Mt V and buy it and have it at home without getting pulled in for
questioning g. I can just imagine a dry town in Australia, there'd be
riots! Although some Koori settlements in the Northern Territory have been
dry.

You gave a very interesting account of yourself and DW who shares my other
interest in Genealogy.
Wendy in Nsw

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
What an interesting life you and your wife have. California and Ohio are
certainly different from each other. Are you anywhere close to Minford,
Ohio? We have some friends who moved from California to Minford a few
years ago. She is bored with small town life, and is working some in
Arizona.

Sherry Starr

oups.com...

Old September 5th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 5, 3:03 am, "Lotsoflavender"
wrote:
[...]

"John" wrote in message
roups.com...
Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

The dry town only applies to sales and drinking in public places such
as parks and public meetings. If you buy it elsewhere and bring it
into your home, you will not be in violation of the law. In an
interesting aside, the town of Westerville which is the next county
over is the birthplace of the Anti Saloon League of days gone by in
Americas "Noble experiment" of prohibition era. For years it remaind
dry until recently when the city council voted to let resturants sell
beer and wine with food. You would have thought that the end of times
was near for all the consternation in the mossback community who
fought the change tooth and nail. But in the end, economics won out,as
most resturants get about 40% of their income from liquor sales. They
were dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and fire and
brimstone did not in fact reign down upon all concerned. I was
relieved to say the least as I was led to believe that it was
imminent.

John

Old September 5th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 5, 2:16 am, Shirley Shone
wrote:
In message .com, John
writesWell I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
[...]

I kid my wifes friends in that community that she has traced her
ancestry back to the Garden of Eden. That is the good news. The bad
news is that she has traced me back there also but I am related to the
snake.

John

Old September 5th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Interesting account, John.
My father lives in Walnut Creek at a senior community right off the
interstate, my sister lived in that city for a number of years but now
lives in Danville. Too much traffic, too many people, too much huslte
and bustle for my tastes.

Welcome to the blogging world!

Ginger in CA

Old September 5th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 4, 11:20 pm, "Sherry Starr" wrote:
What an interesting life you and your wife have. California and Ohio are
certainly different from each other. Are you anywhere close to Minford,
Ohio? We have some friends who moved from California to Minford a few years
ago. She is bored with small town life, and is working some in Arizona.

Sherry Starr

"John" wrote in message

oups.com...

Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

I am unfamiliar with Minford. One of the things we learned about
transitioning to small town life is that the locals do not need to
know you. You have the need to get to know them. If you are not
someobdy who is a joiner, you will have a lonely and difficult time
adjusting to the change. It took my wife a couple of years to get into
the "scene" here and she is still concidered an "outsider" because she
did not grow up here. There is an old guard element that thinks of
itself as "entitled" and you must realise that you will never be
granted into that elevated status due to your place of birth. That is
much different from the melting pot of the big city where your merit
gains you entry into the society. That is one of the primary negatives
that I see in coming into small town life from outside. It didn't
affect me as I have opperated as a loner all my life. Being self
employed, one man opperation, has that effect on you, as you don't
have a ready made group of people that you associate with at work. Or
as Groucho Marks once said, "I wouldn't join any group that would have
me".

John

Old September 5th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Sep 4, 5:18 pm, John wrote:

Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

We lived just down the road from Rossmore which is that retirement
community, I believe. My father lived there for a few years until he
died. Yes, that is why we left. to much traffic and people.

John

Old September 5th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article .com,
John wrote:

Well I have finally gone and done it. I have made it possible for all
of you unfortunate people to see and read about the real me. Below is
a link to the Blogger website on Google that I have chosen for the
unenviable place to post the musings and otherwise useless utterances
of myself. Enter at your own risk. I will now don the armor plated
anti flame suit and await your comments.

http://fixedgearhead.blogspot.com/20...fun-start.html

John

John, I've just finished reading your first blog entry, and how
interesting it was! It was also good to put a face to your name. Much
of what you wrote we've been able to gather from posts here, but much
was new and good to read. What an interesting life you lead -- and I'll
second Taria's suggestion of wine instead of chocolate for visitors to
bring you.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net