HB Sept-tem-bers

Old September 3rd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default HB Sept-tem-bers

Summer has settled in in the desert Southwestern US. Still well over
100° here, in fact we have had the hottest summer on record here in the
Valley. sigh. I think today was day number 33 of 110° or higher. Average
is 10, and the previous record was 28. Last night the weather guy said
that the average temp for June, July and August, (averaging highs and
lows for the days) was 98°. It has been over 100° at 10 o'clock at
night for crying out loud. sigh.

Pati, in the hot desert of Phoenix where we are tired of summer.
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Patti wrote:
Yes - in April!
.
In message , FiederEls in NL
writes

Oh.. Summer was here(NL) Elly.. i think it was on a tuesday..

FiederEls

Old September 3rd 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
FiederEls in NL

(NightMist) wrote in news:46db26e8.85825759
@news.madbbs.com:

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 12:39:40 +0100, Sally Swindells
wrote:

NightMist wrote:
Augustonians is OK.
Though it seems a bit cumbersome, and for some reason makes me want

sing "The Yellow Rose of Texas".
If it good with you keep it, I tend not to argue over silly things
with people who well wish me.(G)
If you find it a bit clunky, consider Augustans. Sounds very

literary,
dignified, and enirely suited to a month full of Leos.

NightMist

and Virgos!

Well yes, but when you have all those Leos it seems one would hardly
notice the odd Virgo or two.

My birthday is the 22nd, and my mum's is the 24th. I am a Leo and she
is a Virgo. I had to drag out a copy of the RAS Ephemeris and do all
that math just to confirm that I am indeed a Leo (28 degrees) since so
many of the fast reference things try to make me a Virgo. A good
thing about that was I got to have a nice conversation with Marshall
Martz the local astronomer. He was unsurprised that a high school
girl would be curious about astrology and very surprised that I was
interested in doing the proper math. (G)

NightMist

Thats right NightMist.. my mother is law's birthday is the 23th and mine
is the 24th.. she is a Leo and i am a Virgo.. :-)

FiederEls

Old September 3rd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Depends on the year the place the sun is. The location of
birth, daylight savings time, war time etc. when you are on the
cusp. It isn't very hard to tell a Leo from a Virgo unless there
are more planets that confuse. I can take folks with a leo sun
but if you throw in a leo ascendant person I am outta there. The
ego of those folks not a pleasant thing to deal with. LOL

TAria

Old September 4th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Ah well then, since my ascendant is Libra it is pretty safe to be in
the same room with me. (G) Plus since my moon is in Sagittarius I am
fairly tolerable to have about. hehe

NightMist

--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Old September 4th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

time zones can wreak havoc with those charts.
the time of day it changes from one to the next sign changes every yr so no
tell'n what a person is without some maths involved.
i think my sister is a leo with leo ascending and leo moon and and and....
no matter what i tried, we never quite got along.
sigh...
jeanne
libra with who knows what planet where

Old September 5th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

It is not a problem if you are making an actual chart.
Doing it properly involves converting time of birth to Greenwich and
to sidereal time, and using the latitude and longitude (yes down to
seconds when possible) of the place of birth. That makes things like
timezones irrelevent.

Leo-Leo people are as kittens when compared to a Leo-Scorpio or a
Scorpio-Leo, or worse a Scorpio-Scorpio. If you ever find yourself in
a room with one of each my recomendation is to run away very fast.

NightMist

Old September 5th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

so it wasnt all her fault we didnt get along.
i only know her sun sign...aug 16th, so not a cusp to worry about.
i know very little about charting.
takes a fair amount of maths tho.
east west north south, lots to consider i'd think.
i pretty much run away from any combo in any room.
i get less comfortable with any sign as i get older too.
scares hell outta me sometimes.
jeanne

"NightMist" wrote...

Old September 5th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

and one of these days I will find someone who will do my chart...
without running screaming partway through...........
Not sure why..... but they do.

Pati, in Phx

Old September 6th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Singing along in central MA for those Dear Sept-tem-bers!

- dlm.

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Sept-tem-bers
Happy Birthday to you

Butterfly

Sept. BOM! Diane F. Quilting 6 September 3rd 06 01:43 PM
Sept BOM maryd Quilting 4 September 28th 05 06:02 AM
Sept. 6x6 sent Janise Yarn 0 September 7th 05 03:18 AM
Aug., Sept., Oct. 6x6 Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 0 October 4th 04 06:46 PM
SEPT 6x6 You know who you are. Cher Yarn 14 October 30th 03 07:52 PM