OT sorta, my new concentrator

Old August 13th 03, 04:16 AM
Helen C

Default OT sorta, my new concentrator

I'll join you in that happy dance! Glad to hear that. Enjoy it and
continue to make beautiful beads!

Later,

Helen C

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
et...
Oh, yeah, baby!

I got my new oxygen concentrator today and it's wonderful.

I am so, so happy. I'm doing a little jig. Yipee!!!
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 13th 03, 12:18 PM
Beadbimbo

Ooooooooooo. I'm jealous! Congratulations Kandice!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 13th 03, 08:53 PM
Kandice Seeber

Coming soon! I am going to try and make some hearts in these colors
today as well. And possibly a vessel if I am feeling lucky.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Okay -- that was torture. I want to see these babies.

I pulled stringer, made a couple of spacers and then tested it on a

larger
bead. I used a volitile color (gold pink, or rubino oro - same thing)

over
pale lavender on a black base. I made raised flowers - one of my more
difficult designs. The bead turned out beautifully.

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
I'm not a hamster, and life's not a wheel. --Sooz
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 14th 03, 01:19 AM
Carol in SLC

I am so, so happy. I'm doing a little jig. Yipee!!!

And I'm so happy *for* you, Kandice!!

Carol in SLC
My new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/emma.jpg
Old August 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

Oh, yeah, baby!

I got my new oxygen concentrator today and it's wonderful.
For those of you who have no idea what I mean - an oxygen concentrator is a
contraption normally used by people who need oxygen for breathing. Lampwork
bead makers have recently began using them for their torches with much
success. I got mine from Paulette at Suncoast Beads
(www.suncoastbeads.com), who gets them from a medical supply company. The
models we get are refurbished. It can take up to four weeks to get one
according to Paulette's web site - mine took almost five. Not that I am
complaining - I am just so glad to have one!

Hooking up the concentrator to my Nortel Minor torch was incredibly easy -
easier than hooking up a tank of oxygen, as you don't need a flashback
arrestor or a regulator. Paulette has instructions up on her site, and they
are easy to follow. She has specs, also, in case the unit needs
maintenance.
The concentrator is very quiet - and with all the other stuff in my studio
on (the overhead fan, the kiln, the radio, the torch itself) I can't even
hear it. By itself, it makes a whirring noise (the motor, I'm sure), a kind
of swishy breathing noise (kinda like Darth Vadar, only softer), and the
pump makes a faint plopping noise every few seconds.
The flame is nice and medium - even a little hotter than I am used to, but I
normally work in a very cool oxygen rich flame for my smallish Moretti
beads. It's adjustable, but takes some getting used to because most of the
adjusting is done with the propane valve.
Boy is it nice to not have to worry about how much oxygen I am using.
Ahhhhhh. And no more having to wait for a tank to be delivered. No more
paying $100 or more a month for oxygen. Even if this baby lasts only 4
months, it will have more than paid for itself. And no more being overbilled
in error by the welding supply store. Yey!!!
I pulled stringer, made a couple of spacers and then tested it on a larger
bead. I used a volitile color (gold pink, or rubino oro - same thing) over
pale lavender on a black base. I made raised flowers - one of my more
difficult designs. The bead turned out beautifully.

I am so, so happy. I'm doing a little jig. Yipee!!!
--
Kandice Seeber

Yay Kandice, that's so exciting! I looooooove mine too, and couldn't
recommend them highly enough! I just need to get a second one so I can
use the larger flame on my Midrange. I have a sudden obsession with
making glass eggs.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org
Old August 22nd 03, 08:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

It's so nice to have Kalera back. You were missed, babykins.

-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
Wife of the incomparable Moxley

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Call for artists who have used my beads.... AD sorta Kandice Seeber Beads 10 August 4th 03 01:21 PM
OT (sorta): Quextion for lampworkers Louis Cage Beads 7 July 30th 03 02:22 PM
AD (sorta) HUGE Site Update Linx Beads 2 July 9th 03 04:11 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM