My Little Indulgence.

Old August 14th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default My Little Indulgence.

I bought a Roxanne thimble the other day. I am so proud of it I just
had to post. It's everything I'd
hoped it would be and honestly just an extension of my finger, so
comfortable and easy to use.

I was the one who never could find a thimble that stayed on, and I
tried them all. I'd finally resorted
to using double-sided tape under the thimble.

It is so nice to not have to chase the thimble all over the place
anymore.

They're expensive, by my standards, so this was a *real* luxury
purchase for me. I'll probably have
nightmares that my kids will put it out in a garage sale for twenty-
five cents someday. :-)

Sherry

Old August 14th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I love my Roxanne thimble. Be careful though...I wore mine to the grocery
store after my small group meeting. It's so comfortable that I forgot I was
wearing it.
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm glad you love it.
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Sherry! How could you *say* such a thing? What a thought. Polly

"Sherry" wrote I bought a Roxanne thimble the other day. I am so proud of

Old August 14th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article .com,
Sherry wrote:

I bought a Roxanne thimble the other day. I am so proud of it I just
had to post. It's everything I'd
hoped it would be and honestly just an extension of my finger, so
comfortable and easy to use.

I was the one who never could find a thimble that stayed on, and I
tried them all. I'd finally resorted
to using double-sided tape under the thimble.

It is so nice to not have to chase the thimble all over the place
anymore.

They're expensive, by my standards, so this was a *real* luxury
purchase for me. I'll probably have
nightmares that my kids will put it out in a garage sale for twenty-
five cents someday. :-)

Sherry

Are you kidding? I've already left my family orders that I want to be
buried with my favorite notions and fabric! And of course, my SM!

Seriously, I have the same problem too. Apparently, my fingers are too
small for most thimbles so I've used the plastic ones (the tacky ones
that look like a real finger?). Those you boil in water until they melt
a bit so you can mold them to your finger. But since they're so cheap,
I end up not caring so much about them and losing them ...

I think I'll try a Roxanne - I've always heard great things about them!
'Sides, they're so PRETTY!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 14th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Connie, If possible, you might wait to buy the Roxanne
until you go to a big quilt show. If there is a Roxanne
booth, you can be 'fitted' with the best size for you.
I like my Roxanne thimble fine, but I haven't done HQ
in over a year. I do have a special HQ project planned
for Winter.
PAT in VA/USA

Connie wrote:

In article .com,
Sherry wrote:

I bought a Roxanne thimble the other day. I am so proud of it I just
had to post. It's everything I'd
hoped it would be and honestly just an extension of my finger, so
comfortable and easy to use.

....cut....

..cut..I have the same problem too. Apparently, my
fingers are too
small for most thimbles so ....cut.....

Old August 14th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Good for you! IMO it's not a luxury if it makes life so much easier. And
just tell them you need to be buried with it.
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

When I get to a place that has them so I can try them on, I am going to buy
one. I too have a terrible time finding a comfortable thimble.

Cindy

oups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Connie, If possible, you might wait to buy the Roxanne
until you go to a big quilt show. If there is a Roxanne
booth, you can be 'fitted' with the best size for you.
I like my Roxanne thimble fine, but I haven't done HQ
in over a year. I do have a special HQ project planned
for Winter.
PAT in VA/USA

I'd love to wait, but I don't know if I can ... my guild had to cancel
our upcoming (Feb '08) quilt show because the hotel backed out (even
after signing a contract AND receiving a deposit) at the last minute.

The other closest quilt show (though I don't know if if I've already
missed it) might be in Tallahassee ... about 2 hours away. Until I'm
done with my DVT therapy, I'm limited to an hour and a half away trips.

I think I'll go see when Tallahassee's show is ... an extra half hour
in the car won't kill me! 'Sides, a quilt show (which I've not been
to in over 2 years) is worth it - and just what the "doctor" ordered!

Thanks for the advice, Pat!

Old August 14th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Congrats, Sherry. I've had mine for several years (Christmas present from
Mom), and I just love it.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

oups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Sherry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a Roxanne thimble the other day. I am so proud of it I just
had to post. It's everything I'd
hoped it would be and honestly just an extension of my finger, so
comfortable and easy to use.

I was the one who never could find a thimble that stayed on, and I
tried them all. I'd finally resorted
to using double-sided tape under the thimble.

It is so nice to not have to chase the thimble all over the place
anymore.

They're expensive, by my standards, so this was a *real* luxury
purchase for me. I'll probably have
nightmares that my kids will put it out in a garage sale for twenty-
five cents someday. :-)

Sherry

Yes, it is an indulgence and yes, it is the best thimble ever made!

I have yet to use it for it's true purpose of hand-quilting, but it sure
comes in handy when it is time to sew laces on my daughters point shoes, or
to make any one of a number of costume 'adjustments' during competitions.

I had it fitted at a quilt show, I would never have been able to guess at my
size.