5 bags full

Old March 10th 11, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default 5 bags full

Here is what I have been up to. I took over a load of books to the
local Library in a couple of my grocery bags. When I got there, the
head librarian fell in love with the bags and pleaded for me to make/
give her one. So, in a fit of good will for all the wonderful help the
staff gives us, I gave her one, of the bags. There are five staff
members that were there at the time, and they all said that the bags
were the nicest things that they had seen. So, as my mother taught me,
"never open a bag of candy in a crowd, if you don't have enough for
everybody, to go around." I made 5 more bags for the ladies, and took
them over to them yesterday, and presented them. They were blown away.
I felt so good, as they work for virtually nothing, in wages, and they
are so dedicated to that library. The damned state of Ohio is always
looking to cut the budget of some of the best and most helpful of the
services that provide resources to the under privileged, that I felt
it was the least I could do. I may not have stopped the carnage of
cutting, of budgets, but I at least, made 6 people who serve the
public, extremely happy, and showed them that at least one of their
customers appreciated all their work.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylo...51917041803762
John
Old March 10th 11, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Well John..... You big old softy. What a wonderful thing to do for
the staff at the library.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old March 10th 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone[_3_]

On 10/03/2011 14:20, John wrote:
[...]

How very thoughtful of you John.
I used to work in a library and no one gave me anything like that.
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old March 10th 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good for you! I'd be ecstatic to get a bag like those too.
Roberta in D

3 Bags Full John Quilting 8 September 30th 10 02:53 PM
Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full. John Sewing 16 February 9th 10 01:39 PM
Yes Sir, Yes sir, Three Bags Full. John Quilting 16 February 8th 10 03:55 PM
Bags, Bags, Bags (and pictures to match) joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 4 May 14th 09 09:50 PM
Ok, I'm done...my stable is full M. Wetmore Quilting 5 December 17th 03 09:30 PM