see Tokyo show quilts

Old February 12th 11, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default see Tokyo show quilts

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

Today's dose of eye candy! Some of these are gorgeous, others
gorgeously interesting.
Roberta in D
Old February 12th 11, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 12, 7:59*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...6a49334e545930....

Today's dose of eye candy! Some of these are gorgeous, others
gorgeously interesting.
Roberta in D

It is very interesting to see how other cultures approach quilting. I
loved some of them. They appear to have become enamored with applied
embroidery which is something I am not familiar with. Very
challenging, the mixing of two disciplines. It gives me room for
thought as to a new direction. Thanks for the link.
John
Old February 12th 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Wow! Those are amazing. I enjoyed that show.
Thanks for sharing.
Taria

Old February 12th 11, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

oh, wow, such a gorgeous group of photos. A lot of inspiration/
motivation/prespiration there. I loved the butterfly one.
I wonder how long it takes these people to do their work? how many
hours? Do they work outside the home?

When I lived in Los Angeles, my quilting teacher had wives of the
Toyota Corporation as students. They knew little English when they
started with us, but learned quickly the language and the finer points
of quilting. They did most by hand then. They were completely taken
with my hem stitch [my mother taught me, I know no other and use it
for needle turn applique also]. Their work back then in 1996 was
awesome. The executives would rotate a year and a half in US then back
to Japan. I wonder if any of those wives were the ground floor for the
movement of Japanese quilting as we see it now....

Ginger in CA

Old February 12th 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I was wondering how much quilting I could do if I didn't have a yard to
tend. Not working outside the home would help too but these folks
have a lot of motivation. Time alone isn't going to do it. It is
impressive. Makes me think about how poorly I utilize my time.
Taria

Old February 12th 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Roberta. I needed a quiet escape from the mayhem here in my
world. That was lovely. Polly

Old February 12th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

On 12/02/2011 7:59 AM, Roberta wrote:
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link

Today's dose of eye candy! Some of these are gorgeous, others
gorgeously interesting.
Roberta in D

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the link!
Allison
Old February 12th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

How very beautiful. Thanks Roberta. One I wanted to make -
immediately!! I bet you could even guess which one g. One I bought
have tried to acquire by any means possible - the glorious, cream
confection. I imagine it isn't a wholecloth, but it is a single colour.
I loved just everything about it.
..
In message , Roberta
writes
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...9334e5459304d6
a553d0d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_li nk

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old February 12th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...459304d6a553d0
d0a&blogview=true&campaign=blog_playback_link

Today's dose of eye candy! Some of these are gorgeous, others
gorgeously interesting.
Roberta in D

Thanks so much for posting this! I love Japanese quilts - the look is
so distinct.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to see that huge show in person?

marcella

Hey, Got in the Tokyo Shimbun Lee In Mashiko, Japan Pottery 0 May 19th 05 02:08 PM
Tokyo Quilt Show Heidi from Germany Quilting 3 January 31st 05 03:44 PM
Tokyo fabric shop? Frank & Karen Antalek Quilting 0 January 16th 05 07:30 PM
Quilt shops in Tokyo? me Quilting 0 September 18th 03 02:14 PM
An American quilter in Tokyo? The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me Quilting 2 August 8th 03 12:21 AM