Thornhill Questions

Old February 7th 04, 02:56 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Thornhill Questions

Hi,
I think I'm going to get the Thornhill manor with the insurance
settlement (well, the settlement is going to pay for a portion of the
Thornhill) on the dollhouse I built that was destroyed in my parent's
fire.

I have a few questions:

1. It looks like it has a smooth exterior (unlike the other RGT lines
- but I guess this is a Houseworks house, which is owned by RGT?)
rather than milled clapboard. Is this the case?

2. If the exterior is smooth, will it take clapboard siding, or
perhaps brick or stone siding? That should be a no-brainer I suppose,
but since it opens from all sides, I thought there might be an issue
with the joints making it harder to side, and the photos I've seen on
the net aren't high enough resolution for me to tell.

3. Do the windows and doors work? If not, then can the windows be
upgraded to working windows? ie. are they a standard size?

I really like the fact that the dollhouse doesn't have a shallow plan
(and as such requires openings from other directions). I understand
that wiring it will be difficult, since you can't use any exterior
walls, but I don't have a problem with that. I like a challenge. :-)

Thanks,
Cathy Weeks
Old February 7th 04, 03:24 PM
havana bill & holly

Cathy, RGT houses should take the Houseworks windows & doors. If you're
getting the Thornhill with "upgrades" the siding & shingles are considered
upgrades, I thought. "Dry-fit" to see where you'll be hingeing the walls
and you may need to adjust the siding/ finish to fit.

Old February 12th 04, 03:03 PM
Carol

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I think I'm going to get the Thornhill manor with the insurance
settlement (well, the settlement is going to pay for a portion of the
Thornhill) on the dollhouse I built that was destroyed in my parent's
fire.

I have a few questions:

1. It looks like it has a smooth exterior (unlike the other RGT lines
- but I guess this is a Houseworks house, which is owned by RGT?)
rather than milled clapboard. Is this the case?

2. If the exterior is smooth, will it take clapboard siding, or
perhaps brick or stone siding? That should be a no-brainer I suppose,
but since it opens from all sides, I thought there might be an issue
with the joints making it harder to side, and the photos I've seen on
the net aren't high enough resolution for me to tell.

I used a technique with my friend's dollhouse which had openings. I used
mini picture frame molding along the edges of the siding where it opened.
It gave it a nice finish.
,
Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Questions about Trying Lampwork LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Beads 45 February 12th 05 03:12 PM
The ten questions I want you to answer Jalynne Beads 19 June 22nd 04 08:58 PM
Some additional questions Steve Lamb Beads 15 April 3rd 04 03:25 PM
Couple of questions Greta Spring Beads 5 March 4th 04 06:47 PM
AD and dumb questions from a newbie Nathalie Lebreux Beads 7 September 9th 03 09:45 PM