ot-political phone solicitations-rant-

Old November 2nd 04, 03:53 AM
susiegibson

my cat grace anne uses the snail mail ads for her dudie box filler......
its all it is about fit for anyhoo..........

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "susiegibson"
:

]is any one else tired of the unsolicited phone and mail endorsements for
]candidates?????????

the mail hits the wastebasket at the post office.
or the garbage can here.

but, partly because of where i live, NOT ONE PHONE CALL.

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

---

Old November 2nd 04, 04:10 AM
Karen_AZ

Makes my $2 a month for an unlisted number soooooo worthwhile.

KarenK (the thankfully unsolicited)

Old November 2nd 04, 04:44 AM
Kandice Seeber

Not if they come up as unavailable.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Caller ID is a blessing.

"susiegibson" wrote in message

is any one else tired of the unsolicited phone and mail endorsements for
candidates?????????
I was sitting here minding my own business- taking a break from wire ring
making, and there comes a call on my phone from someone suporting a
candidate for my states governor.....

makes you not want to vote at all- but.....is just anoying-

Old November 2nd 04, 04:54 AM
Jeanne Burton

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 03:24:00 GMT, "Annie Bauer"
wrote:

Personally I have been somewaht amused by the calls - one yesterday
(recorded) from former NYC Mayor Rudy Guiliani, and one (recorded) a few
moments ago from the gov of California (Ahhh-nold), who incidently made a
campaign stop here yesterday promoting his views on the various inititatives
on the ballot here tomorrow.

Yes, the adverstisments will be gone, and the popular vote will be over -
but what happens after that? Hmmmmm.

Annie

My sister got a live (as in not pre-recorded) phone call from a young
man in Northern Ireland yesterday. Her caller ID identified it as an
overseas call, so she answered. He told her that even though he'd
lived his life in fear because of terrorism, Bush held out the only
hope for his country blahblahblah...

This sister has been averaging 30-40 political calls a DAY for the
past few weeks. For some reason, we've received NONE at this house.

Jeanne
living in Toledo, which has been mentioned on both local and national
news as the one city in the US which has the most political
advertisements in the US. Yay us.
Old November 2nd 04, 05:19 AM
Christina Peterson

If we write "Return to sender", do they have to pay return mail because it's
bulk mail? If so, I need to do that.

Tina

Old November 2nd 04, 05:43 AM
Lee S. Billings

In article , says...

If we write "Return to sender", do they have to pay return mail because it's
bulk mail? If so, I need to do that.

That trick doesn't work on bulk mail, sorry. Only if it's got first-class
postage on it.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old November 2nd 04, 01:02 PM
Karen_AZ

I dunno, I think it's working here....I've received NO calls on my landline,
not even my cell for that matter. Mike got one on his cell.

I'll just be glad when today is over, whatever the outcome. At this point I
just want it to be DONE, and I'm caring less and less who wins, since I
dislike them both. I'm finding myself a lot more concerned about local
issues, like whether our school district is going to absorb our neighbor to
the south and whether the "transportation tax" will continue or not. That's
caused a lot of controversy here at home, since I'm a veteran user and fan
of light rail, and people around here just don't seem to get it. shrug

KarenK

Old November 2nd 04, 03:07 PM
susiegibson

yup
they are trying here to influence voters right up to the last minute I
suppose- too bad for them I already voted by mail weeks ago.....
when I injured my back I signed up for absentee ballotts for life....and
signed hubby up too so he would not have to miss work to vote....
so all of thier efforts are wasted, besides who wants to hear last minute
slams of someone....regardless of who I voted for....
anyhoo I think someone has too much time and money ..........

--

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "susiegibson"
:

]lucky you deary-no phone calls- we get serveral a night.... and all day
long
]too...boo hoo.....

i suppose there are advantages to living in a solidly conservative
county. **sigh**

Old November 2nd 04, 03:09 PM
susiegibson

they all come up as unavailable- - or nearly all- so we screen calls anyways
and they get the machine....then we lift and drop the reciever and off they
go....