What do you do? *with beads*

Old October 14th 04, 08:24 PM
Diana Curtis

Default What do you do? *with beads*

There are so many of us coming and going in this newsgroup every day. Its a
wonder I dont confuse you with one another more than I do, but what really
is giving me fits is trying to remember what each of you does with beads and
jewelry. Some of you make them, some make things with them.. some do both,
or neither...
So... what do you do in the world of beads?
So far I buy them, make them of polyclay and make simple, yet tasteful
necklaces and bracelets with them.
Would you mind telling what your favorite things to do with beads are?
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 14th 04, 08:34 PM
~Candace~

I string them, I weave them, and I use them in micro-macrame. I also
pretend that I can make them with polymer clay, and sometime soon will be
pretending I can make them via lampwork.
Most of all, I covet them, drool over them, lust for them, etc, etc....:-)

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old October 14th 04, 08:38 PM
Margie

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:24:07 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

So... what do you do in the world of beads?

I buy and collect polymer clay beads and lampwork beads, darling!

Also started out a stringer but found that it wasn't enough and even
though I dabbled in weaving (netting to be exact), I found it wasn't
enough. So like you I am exploring other weaves and stitches, I want
to do it all....someday.

--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old October 14th 04, 08:38 PM
Margie

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:34:36 GMT, "~Candace~"
wrote:

I string them, I weave them, and I use them in micro-macrame.

Oh, I forgot that I used beads in my macrame too!

Old October 14th 04, 08:41 PM
Carol in SLC

Would you mind telling what your favorite things to do with beads are?

Hoard 'em!!!

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo3.jpg
Old October 14th 04, 08:44 PM
JavaGirlBT

I used to weave them. I was an avid bead crocheter for a while. Now I make
them. I occasionally still play with seedbeads but that has been less and
less since I've been making them.
-Ellen

Old October 14th 04, 08:45 PM
Dr. Sooz

So... what do you do in the world of beads?

I enable others with bead instruction, the Links List, Bead Notes, and more.

I beadweave......peyote, square stitch, ndbele, RAW, lacelike patterns, and
more. I embellish my work a LOT. I consider myself primarily an offloom
beadweaver.

I do wrapped loops to make earrings and stuff. I do some stringing.

I do precious metal clay.

I support lampworkers by buying their art.
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old October 14th 04, 08:54 PM
~Candace~

Ack! I forgot that I use them to embellish my tiny crocheted bags..not bead
crochet--the beads are attached after the bag is completed.

Old October 14th 04, 08:55 PM
Karin Cernik

Buy them. :-)
String them (necklaces, bracelets, earrings - no seed beads, no loom or
off-loom types of things)
Make them (lampwork.)
Buy some more.

Karin (who also has the stuff and the interest, but so far not the
ability, for wireworking. And the stuff, but not the interest or
ability yet, for polyclay.)

Old October 14th 04, 08:55 PM
Arondelle

Diana Curtis wrote:

So... what do you do in the world of beads?
So far I buy them, make them of polyclay and make simple, yet tasteful
necklaces and bracelets with them.
Would you mind telling what your favorite things to do with beads are?

I buy beads, weave 'em, string 'em, buy 'em, collect 'em, buy 'em... )

Arondelle

To email me, empty the pond with a net