Did Anyone get their watch crystals?

Old August 13th 03, 06:38 AM
Shirley Shone

Making one laugh and giving out hugs is very much needed Kathy.
Shirley

In article , Kathy
N-V writes
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:39:57 -0400, Shirley Shone wrote
(in message ):

My DH is very useful, can do woodwork he makes thimble and tassel moulds
for me. He does metal work. He does all the repairs to this house. Made
the new windows, fitted a new kitchen. Just recently painted the
outside of the house. Can garden and look after a green house. He
vacuums and cleans the bathroom.
Very handy man to have

Mine makes me laugh. :-)

Kathy N-V

--
Shirley Shone

Old August 13th 03, 07:13 AM
Christina Peterson

Sounds good to me.

Tina

"Helen C" wrote in message
I'm really good at sleeping, reading, beading and a few other craft type
things. I can cook (but I'm usually to busy chasing after my rugrats to

do
a really good job) Don't see what use a former truck driver would be (can
you say ROAD TRIP? I know where all the good truck stops are. Have my
passenger endorsement so I guess we could have a tour bus and do a beady
tour - for those in need) Oh, and I can do quite a bit of heavy lifting

and
furniture rearrangement for those that want it. Let's see, what else....
been a caregiver for someone going through chemo so I know how to use a

pump
and flush a hickman......worked a motel so I know a few "short-cuts" (just
don't get a chance to use them much)....worked delivering pizza (got my

own
"secret" recipe that involves ranch dressing instead of pizza

sauce)......I
think that's about it for now.

Later,

Helen C

"angela" wrote in message
Please tell me this community needs someone who types REALLY fast.

That's
the only thing I can think of to contribute. :-)
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Cheri2Star" wrote ...
Diana, Jalynne and I are now setting up a small community.

I love this! But fair warning to you guys, even though I'm married,

my
DH
can
barely change a light bulb. However, I do babysit for free and am a

decent
cook. G

So can I come?
Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

Old August 13th 03, 07:56 AM
Christina Peterson

Not for me. I need more privacy, usually.

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Helen C"
:

]Give me a big ol' industrial sized kitchen with a few helpers (teenagers
]work well) and I'll do my best to cook for everyone

you're on!

a communal kitchen would make it easier, yes?

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old August 13th 03, 01:35 PM
angela

Great! And from reading another thread here this morning I see that there
are a few people who don't like to clean very much. Well, I'm a neat freak,
so I could clean all your houses! So when do we move? :-)

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Diana Curtis" wrote ...
There would be room for everyone. It doesnt matter if you are a master of

craft. There is room for those who are willing to do grunt work too... I
love gardening. I dont know much about it but I have no problem spending
hours weeding. I dont mind hanging laundry out to dry. Are there chores

you
like to do that most people turn their noses up at? We would need you.
Perhaps we would find that you have a natural ability to tell storys

around
a campfire. You might be the one person of all of us who always knows the
perfect knot to tie a rope in. Maybe you enjoy making wooden toys. Not all
contributions need to be salable skills.
Fast typing would be an awesome skill to have tho!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 13th 03, 04:54 PM
Sjpolyclay

This is something I've thought about for a LOOOONG time. Closest I've come to
it are the polymer clay retreat we did here in the Rockies last year, and
GuitarCraft. I didn''t play, I just ran the kitchen, and my dh took the
courses. We took our kids---I've done GC courses with infinks at the breast and
toddlers who are now 6'3". We were the only ones to come "en famille" but then
its my thought (and the Fearless Leader agreed, he's a wonderful person as well
as musician) that a Life In Music had best include the "Life" part, or you'd
lose out eventually. We're still married--a lot of guys who left their wives
and kids at home, did just that-- left.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old August 13th 03, 06:13 PM
Shirley Shone

Do you do ironing because I hate it. Mainly because after I had my heart
bypass they seem to have trapped a nerve in my spine with spragging my
chest open. I only have to do three things and I am in agony that I
could cry.
Shirley

In article pgq_a.10225$qf.2698@lakeread06, angela
writes

Old August 13th 03, 06:25 PM
Deirdre S.

This is the mindset that would have to shift for community to really
work. I think lots of people are ready for it, but don't know how we
can successfully establish it in the midst of the commercial /
competetive model.

Deirdre

Old August 13th 03, 06:32 PM
Deirdre S.

I'll be glad to hang out there...

Deirdre

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:27:06 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

And speaking of husbands, can't forget a place teaching and practicing
Shamanic Journeying, Reiki, and herbal healing, etc.

Tina

Old August 13th 03, 06:45 PM
Sjpolyclay

Do you do ironing because I hate it

owww, Shirley!!!!!! No I hate ironing too, only do it when I'm
sewing/constructing with fabric, or setting fabric paint, after its made, it
never sees the iron again if I have my way.

How about if we all just love you wrinkley?

Old August 13th 03, 06:48 PM
Shirley Shone

I think so, it was 52 years ago on Tuesday last week that I met him.
Shirley

In article , Deirdre S.
writes
Sounds indispensable...

Deirdre

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:39:57 +0100, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Very handy man to have

--
Shirley Shone