Did Anyone get their watch crystals?

Old August 11th 03, 08:00 PM
Lisa

Default Did Anyone get their watch crystals?

I'm just wondering if they made it.

Jewitch, yours were returned because I mailed them to myself!! They are on
their way again.

Shirley, I don't expect yours to be there yet.

Anyone else? Just wanna close the book on this.

Thanks.
Lisa

Old August 11th 03, 09:05 PM
Dr. Sooz

Oh, yes! I got them! They're fabulous!! I love 'em. Thank you so much. :-D

I'm just wondering if they made it.

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
I'm not a hamster, and life's not a wheel. --Sooz
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 11th 03, 10:27 PM
Shirley Shone

No mine have not arrived yet, depends how you sent them, airmail of
surface mail.
Shirley

In article ,
Lisa writes

--
Shirley Shone

Old August 11th 03, 11:43 PM
Dr. Sooz

i want in!

--But we buy everything from eBay in this little community, Vicki......haw haw!
(just kidding)
~~
Sooz
-------

Old August 12th 03, 02:47 AM
Christina Peterson

And my house has a small footprint so the lot can be full of forest and
wildlife, and the house can't be seen. And there will be bison on it for
Stella to herd, and a sound barrier so her barking doesn't make everyone mad
at me. Of course it will then have to go underground. Several floors will
be just for storage. And a floor for books including old ones that need
some climate control. And a couple floors for art, again with climate
control. And it will have to be fairly high to see through the tops of the
trees. A great place for meditation and healing work.

It will of course have wide halls and an elevator for visits by Sooz and
Kevin, and anyone else with health periphenalia. And there will be
underground parking for self and guests.

That would be a good start.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I'm trying to work a design in that uses the little
labels, which are way cool all by themselves.

Yes -- my thoughts exactly, babe. This group thinks alike in many ways.

Diana, Jalynne and I are now setting up a small community. We're buying a
whole block-worth of houses, on one street (you know, both sides of the

street
for one block), with one lot "empty" (no building) for a community garden.

You are all directed to move to this block *immediately*. Each house is,

of
course, set up to meet YOUR needs (my house has ramps, dog-proof floors,

and
other stuff). We're now a small community of houses, with women who

support
and encourage each other in concrete and metaphysical ways.

For instance:
~ Need to go somewhere, but no babysitter? Stash Meg or Juliet or Avner

with a
trusted neighbor; you'll do the same for her next week.
~ Gotta go out of town but there's no place to put the pups? Send that
doberman over to Sooz's house. Her yard is set up for doggies because the
community garden is where her veggies are planted.
~ Need some inspiration? Someone's bound to be home, missing her muse,

too --
head on over there with some tea.
~ Driven batty by your DH? Go visit a pal who's single.
~ Need a man around the house? Go hang out at a married chick's home.
~ Then there's the weekly bead night -- at a different person's house each

week
on a rotating basis.
~ Too sick to cook dinner? The call goes out -- someone else has extra

chicken
stew and can send a couple servings to your kitchen. Etc.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh....

~~
Sooz
-------

Old August 12th 03, 04:49 AM
Cheri2Star

Diana, Jalynne and I are now setting up a small community.

I love this! But fair warning to you guys, even though I'm married, my DH can
barely change a light bulb. However, I do babysit for free and am a decent
cook. G

So can I come?
Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)
Old August 12th 03, 07:22 AM
Jewitch

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:00:08 GMT, "Lisa"
wrote:

I'm just wondering if they made it.

Jewitch, yours were returned because I mailed them to myself!! They are on
their way again.

I've done that before, but I've never admitted it outloud!

Jewitch
Old August 12th 03, 07:36 AM
Diana Curtis

In my dream world there is a huge, well designed barnlike structure full of
tools...and larger implements of our crafts. Want to weave something? There
is a loom. Want to build a bookshelf? Have at it. A community kitchen would
be great for get togethers. Clear the floor for contra dances or spur of the
moment music gigs....
The first floor could be dedicated to the more clean activities and the
upper floor for those which cause more mess.. There would be large expanses
of windows exposing incredible vistas... or something as homey as a garden
yard with chickens pecking around contentedly.
There would be boxes for quilters scraps that anyone may help themselves
to... same for beads... other bits and bobs...
I dont feel like everything should be shared.. but why not have good
inexpensive sewing machines available for those occasional users? Drafting
tables... big trestle tables for laying out big feasts or massive
projects...I have big dreams of an artists community... people sharing ideas
and lives in a cooperative way. There would be challenges to make it work
happily. We are dealing with people after all! But wouldnt it be lovely to
walk out your door with a head full of half baked ideas and walk to the barn
and find someone who might bring the rest of the idea to its full form?
Metal workers, wood crafters, glass blowers, fusers, slumpers, lampworkers,
stained glass, textile arts...my head reels with the possibilities...
Massive fireplace to chase the winter chill from the air, and to gather
round to connect and relax.
My dream includes all sorts of people, but they all have one thing in
common, a love and respect for themselves and for others.
It feels a bit odd to share this with other people. I have told a few family
members about it but wasnt sure Id ever find others who could embrace a
rather radical notion of an alternate way to live. Its just so 1960s!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 12th 03, 07:55 AM
Diana Curtis

Thats ok. Most of us can change our own lightbulbs and we will just have to
find something else your DH can contribute. Maybe he has hiddent talents
even he doesnt know about. Who knows. maybe he will find that he is a true
vincent van gogh of topiary! lol
Diana

Old August 12th 03, 02:55 PM
Diana Curtis

A true necessity. We need him.
Mine is pretty good at that too...
Di

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:39:57 -0400, Shirley Shone wrote
(in message ):

My DH is very useful, can do woodwork he makes thimble and tassel moulds
for me. He does metal work. He does all the repairs to this house. Made
the new windows, fitted a new kitchen. Just recently painted the
outside of the house. Can garden and look after a green house. He
vacuums and cleans the bathroom.
Very handy man to have

Mine makes me laugh. :-)

Kathy N-V