opinion about lentils

Old February 17th 04, 09:09 PM
alex

Thank you, My wife tells me i'm allways using dark and earthy colors (she is
right) i'm going to have to try and think bright colors for my next couple
of sets

Alex (www.jaychantell.com)

"roxan" wrote in message
I like these beads the color is very subtle and interesting.
Roxan
"alex" wrote in message
I have made only a few Lentil sets and was curious about decorations,

they
are challenging for me because the decorations distort when smashing and

find it hard to get a consistent shape ( exact duplicates ) I made this

set
yesterday, I had to make 20 to get 15 I would conceder selling. I need

some
constructive criticism on this set
(you wont hurt my feelings if you don't like them)
what type of design would you like to see on lentils?
i.e.: raised dots, melted dots, organic, flowers, bright colors

http://www.jaychantell.com/acts/tango.jpg

Thank you for sharing

Alex (www.Jaychantell.com)

Old February 17th 04, 09:11 PM
Beads1947

Alex,
I like this set, very calming and ethereal. I would like to see animal prints
- zebra, leopard in lentils. But, if I were going to design, I might like a
lentil focal and then round beads to match. I've never designed anything using
all lentils, they might be too heavy for me to wear.
Patti
Old February 17th 04, 09:30 PM
Karin Cernik

Those are gorgeous just as they are... :-)

I'm a sucker for flowers on anything... although I don't know if they'd
look 'right' on this shape. I hate raised dots. But that's just me.

Karin

alex wrote:

I have made only a few Lentil sets and was curious about decorations, they
are challenging for me because the decorations distort when smashing and I

Old February 17th 04, 09:33 PM
meijhana

I tend to like the organics a little more. These are *GORGEOUS*.

You can send me those extras, LOL! snicker

Mary

--
As long as you know that most men are like children you know everything. --
Coco Chanel

HandcraftedJewelry.com
http://snipurl.com/45w5
check out my store!

Old February 17th 04, 09:41 PM
Debbie B

"http://www.jaychantell.com/acts/tango.jpg"

I love the "melted dots, organic, flowers, bright colors". I don't care for
the dots that stick out. (my opinion) I love the lentils though. Purple
and pink would be good colors.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old February 17th 04, 09:53 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I love lentils..hehehe.
Lentil
Popular in parts of Europe and a staple throughout much of the Middle East
and India, this tiny, lens-shaped PULSE has long been used as a meat
substitute. There are three main varieties of lentils. The French or
European lentil, sold with the seed coat on, has a grayish-brown exterior
and a creamy yellow interior. The reddish orange Egyptian or red lentil is
smaller, rounder and sans seed coat. There's also a yellow lentil. None of
these varieties are used fresh but are dried as soon as they're ripe. The
regular brown lentils are commonly found in supermarkets whereas the red and
yellow lentils, though available in some supermarkets, must usually be
purchased in Middle Eastern or East Indian markets. Lentils should be stored
airtight at room temperature and will keep up to a year. They can be used as
a side dish (pureed, whole and combined with vegetables), in salads, soups
and stews. One of the most notable showcases for the lentil is the spicy
East Indian DAL. Lentils have a fair amount of calcium and vitamins A and B,
and are a good source of iron and phosphorus.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

"min baro" wrote in message
In article ZdvYb.207342$U%5.1142010@attbi_s03,
says...

You mean the * Bean * not the shape?

I mean lentils, the seeds - that's where the descriptive shape of your
beads came from. Lentils aren't beans. I could say seeds too, but that
would imply a different kind of bead, even if they were *real* seeds. So
confusing.

I'll use lampwork in the description next time, thanks
Alex (
www.jaychanntell.com )
"min baro" wrote in message
T...
In article SluYb.207165$U%5.1141362@attbi_s03,
says...
I have made only a few Lentil sets and was curious about

decorations,
they
are challenging for me because the decorations distort when smashing

and
find it hard to get a consistent shape ( exact duplicates ) I made

this
set
yesterday, I had to make 20 to get 15 I would conceder selling. I

need
some
constructive criticism on this set
(you wont hurt my feelings if you don't like them)
what type of design would you like to see on lentils?
i.e.: raised dots, melted dots, organic, flowers, bright colors

http://www.jaychantell.com/acts/tango.jpg

I like 'em as they are, actually. They're a very elegant shape- the
colours might work even better if they're different shades of the same
colour (dark blue and light blue). My one complaint- I thought you

were
talking about real lentils (since I'm working with *real* lentils

right
now).

--
-Min

http://treedweller.net

--
-Min

http://treedweller.net

Old February 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Just wondering outloud...

Is it possible to have a 2-holed lampwork lentil bead. The design
possibilities...my head is swimming.

Old February 17th 04, 10:04 PM
Harry

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:54:44 -0500, "Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote:

Just wondering outloud...

Is it possible to have a 2-holed lampwork lentil bead. The design
possibilities...my head is swimming.

Not being funny at all... but wouldn't that make it a button?

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old February 17th 04, 10:04 PM
Harry

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:56:34 GMT, "alex" wrote:

I have made only a few Lentil sets and was curious about decorations, they
are challenging for me because the decorations distort when smashing and I
find it hard to get a consistent shape ( exact duplicates ) I made this set
yesterday, I had to make 20 to get 15 I would conceder selling. I need some
constructive criticism on this set
(you wont hurt my feelings if you don't like them)
what type of design would you like to see on lentils?
i.e.: raised dots, melted dots, organic, flowers, bright colors

http://www.jaychantell.com/acts/tango.jpg

Thank you for sharing

Alex (www.Jaychantell.com)

Beautiful! I love these kind of beads.. they remind me of M&M's.