OT ignore recall notice?

Old September 16th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default OT ignore recall notice?

Sometime back, one of my 'down through the hollow and around the bend'
neighbors received a recall notice about his truck. It suggested that there
was a problem that he needed to have checked out.
Neighbor tossed the warning aside assuming it was only an opportunity
for the dealership to gouge him out of money.
Wrong.
Friday, his truck exploded into big flames. He had not driven the truck
in 5 days. Fortunately, it was parked a safe distance behind his home.
Here in the Swamp, all the fire department can do is bring you a sympathy
card and a clean wet washcloth to wipe your face.
We simply can not believe this happened. How in the world could a
defect cause a fire when the vehicle was not in use, had not been for days?
His beautiful truck was lovingly cared for and one of those 'only goes
to church on Sundays' sort of treasures since he uses a company vehicle for
workdays.
So. Therefore. If you get a recall notice, pay attention. Polly (who
has seen with her own eyes the most awful melted black mess imaginable.)

Old September 16th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

OMG! That's terrible! Thank heavens it wasn't parked where it would burn
down his home!!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 16th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kellie J Berger

My friend's truck was one of the first to blow up, alerting them to that
"recall"
She had just picked up all the football uniforms and gear. Stopped at the
Academy and Sports store and went in for a few things. when she came out,
her car was being put out by the fire department and the ones on either side
were singed. The hundreds of dollars worth of uniforms were gone. She and
her kiddos were safe.

--
Kellie J. Berger
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 16th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Now I'm getting nervous! What make of truck and what year model is this? I
drive a truck and this doesn't sound good!

Leslie- parking waaayyy out on the street until I find out! & The Furbabies
in MO.

. ..

Old September 16th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Is he certain there were no flaming squirrels involved?

This furthers my notion that horses are better.

NightMist

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:51:36 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

[...]

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old September 16th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

Eek! Poor fella! Will his insurance cover this, as he'd had a recall
and ignored it?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 16th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

His insurance agent said to drive the truck down to the office and they'd
assess the damage. How I wish he would be mean enough to have it
gift-wrapped and delivered. The remains are just glass slivers and a gooey
looking black glob. Polly

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote Eek! Poor fella! Will his insurance cover this, as

Old September 16th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like there was a short in the electrical system. A melting
fuel line is all it needs to turn a car or truck into a melted puddle
and so often now the fuel lines are run along side the electrical
lines.

I'm with you on getting recall work done ASAP. Never ignore a recall
even if it sounds minor. All recalls happen because the company has
been, or knows they will be, found to be legally at fault for shoddy
work or inferior parts that have already caused injury or death to
many people. The dealer does the recall work for free because it
will save the company millions of dollars in the long run. Recall
work never costs you a penny and might save your life.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designsbydeb/
Old September 16th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA

Default OT ignore recall notice? Link to recall notice.

Whew! We have two Fords (three if you count my sister's) so I decided
to check on this. Fortunately, none of our vehicle's is on the list.
If you own a Ford truck or SUV, check this link for the affected list.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...e_warning.html

Rita L.

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

There is a new dogfood recall. I love my doggie Yarn 4 September 16th 08 02:14 AM
Pet Food Recall!! Jeri Needlework 11 March 25th 07 04:07 AM
Bernat Fur Out recall rusty1215 Yarn 2 March 10th 05 02:15 PM