What to call this shape shell pendant?

Old December 13th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Default What to call this shape shell pendant?

I agree - FMG is the worst. Buy from Shipwreck or anyone else for that
matter.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

"Beckibead" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sterline -- if you want the full FM story, google the past discussions
on this newsgroup. They have threatened to sue me in the past for
speaking out against them, jerks that they are, and at any rate I've
said it all. Many times. Unethical business standards. And while it
was a while ago, the stories I knew at any rate, they get no redemtion
from me.

Becki

Old December 13th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Ditto. Except that they haven't threatened to sue me. FMG SUCKS.

``````````````````````````````````

Old December 13th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

The shape of donut you're referring to was a very popular shape for
jewelry in the late 1960s. There were go-go boots, too (I had a
pair!), and go-go girls. So it could be called a donut a go-go.

`````````````````````````````
Flic wrote:
Sterling wrote:
Firemountain calls the same shape/item a "donut go-go".

http://www.firemountaingems.com/deta...p?pn=H203664CK

Sterling

What an unusual name! I wonder where the go-go came from! :-?

Old December 13th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

You and Flic must be under 40! :-)

``````````````````````````
Sterling wrote:
Becki,

can I ask why you are so against firemountain? Just curious is all.

I like your name better than the go-go name. I asked the same question that
Flic did after reading the FM name... what's a go-go? but I thought I'd
post it up for Flic to read and maybe she could draw on that to inspire a
new name. Luckily, you tapped it. Stylized donut is perfect.

Sterling

Old December 13th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

GO m3rmaid1d, GO!! Yeah, go baby go a go go! :-D

```````````````````````
m3rma1d wrote:

Yeah I'm with you, FMG can get bent.
Although I must say I wouldn't wanna steal anything from them--I wouldn't
want any of their cheapie, classless, low-quality **** even if they were
trying to pay me to take it off their hands......
(...and I could use the money, so that's really saying something!)

--m3rma1d

Old December 14th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mermaidscove_com

They also used to sell ovals with an off center hole as doorknocker
donuts or hoops because they were mainly used for earrings of that
name. I don't know if any people are typing that in ebay search now. I
would list them with the terms shell pendant and donut spelled both
ways, maybe even crescent as some people might be searching those
terms.

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

Old December 22nd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

I always thought it had to do with go-go dancers... I don't know why! LOL

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Flic" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 22nd 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Here ya go... it's a costume, but I can remember earrings like this from the
60's (hahahahaha that dates me doesn't it? LOL)
http://pinupgirlclothing.com/se60gogidrwi.html

http://pinupgirlclothing.com/se60modgiadh.html

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Flic" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 28th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Flic

Well the general consensus seems to be go-go, so thats what I have
called them. Was so busy that I never managed to list them that
weekend, only just this moment done it!

I loved some of the other names too but limited in space! I have an
excuse for not knowing what go-go was though as I'm only 21 :-p . When
I did look originally I couldn't find anyone else selling these, which
is good in terms of competition, but on the other hand its nice to look
to see what other people are naming them!

Anyway, should anyone want a look they are at:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280064960578 .

Thanks for everyones ideas and comments!

Flic

Old December 29th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
m3rma1d

Flic wrote:

I have an excuse for not knowing what go-go was though as I'm only 21

That's not an excuse.
Or, well--not a good one, anyhoo...
I'm not that much older than you, I'm 28 which may seem to you like a
stretch--but anyhoo the point is: I certainly grew up nowhere NEAR the
"go-go era", yet I've always known what "go-go style" looks like...

Because more important than the age/timeline debate, is the fact that you
ought to be able to recognize/understand very easily-identified
styles/fashions/eras if you're trying to be at all serious about being a
designer. (ie: jewelry designer--which is what yer trying to be, right?)

-- m3rma1d
--
To reply by email, carefully remove my panties.

Silver pendant.... Nick Kloski Jewelry 2 May 8th 04 02:07 AM
ISO 14k GF pendant bails Lee S. Billings Beads 7 April 20th 04 07:28 AM
Call For Artists: WJA Calls For Diva Design Entries Tinkster Beads 0 March 20th 04 02:38 AM
AD: Dragonfly Ghost Pendant/ More! Juanita Floyd Beads 4 February 3rd 04 12:52 PM