Stolen pictures....again. Make sure your beads aren't here!

Old October 31st 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Default Stolen pictures....again. Make sure your beads aren't here!

Yep, this is my theory, too.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Carla" wrote in message
. net...
Here's what I don't get about why they bother - if you click the links
under the pics, all you see is the mass produced stuff. I mean, it's
great that they're not copying your actual beads, but it's like they're
using your pics just to get folks to click on the link, looking for beads
that don't exist there.

Not that I'm an advocate of trying to steal someone else's designs, but it
would *almost* make sense to steal the pictures, in that case. At least
then, you wouldn't have to also know how to photograph beads.

It's bad enough to be a thief, but this seems stupid on top of it.

I'm just sorry you have to go through it again.

Cheers,
Carla

Kandice Seeber wrote:

Third row down, first pic - they're all mine. Fourth row down, first
pic - the bead set at the bottom of that one is mine.

Since it's an Italian website, basically all I can do is send a cease and
desist letter. Which I've done.

Old October 31st 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

I didn't think of that - thanks, Sharon!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

http://www.studiosoft.it/shop_JEWELR...ed-jewelry.htm

It just never ends. Two of the photos on this page contain stolen pics
from
my website. Don't buy from these thieves!

Take heart from one thing, Kandice. These guys make you look good.
Not by stealing your photos, but by showing how ridiculous and low
quality their beads look next to yours.

Sharon in AZ

Old November 1st 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Maybe you should start putting a water mark of some kind on your pics, or
figure out to upload them so that they can't be copied - I know there's a
way to do this, just don't know exactly how.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Third row down, first pic - they're all mine. Fourth row down, first
pic - the bead set at the bottom of that one is mine.

Since it's an Italian website, basically all I can do is send a cease and
desist letter. Which I've done.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
Vote for my site!
http://tinyurl.com/bbcon
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
et...
which ones? is there anything you can do about it?

Old November 1st 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

My pics are all watermarked - they find ways to edit that out,
unfortunately.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
Vote for my site!
http://tinyurl.com/bbcon
k.net...

Old November 2nd 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Oh gosh, I'm glad you have people looking out for you :-)

Old November 4th 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mermaidscove_com

I can spot a few Chinese beads in there too, under the 'fancy' link, in
the beads they are actually selling. Who knows if you'd get anything at
all if you bought from them but clearly they are lying on at least two
counts.

Ingrid

Old November 4th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mermaidscove_com

PS. At this link here to a Chinese beads factory/wholesale place you
will see most of their supposedly Murano Glass inventory, even the
finished jewelry. I wonder if this is another incarnation of AH or just
similar?

http://www.gets.cn/beads.php?bsort_i...mpwork%20Glass

Grrr.

Old November 6th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Actually, this looks a lot like the place AH might get their stuff from.
That and OK beads.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net