Fabric collections for sale on Ebay

Old February 19th 04, 03:46 PM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Kristi M. wrote:

Very good advice. I think I haven't been in the newsgroups much since
they were a wild-n-wooly, "no laws here" kind of place. It's great
that some are now moderated and policed -- I just missed that
happening.

Well, back then they were even more adamant about running spammer-types
out of town. It's these days when every Joe Schmoe and his
computer-illiterate brother can get on the internet that people don't
think and the newsgroups are actually overrun with spam.

The moderated newsgroups have always tended to be less active than the
unmoderated ones.

Melinda, who misses the olden days of text-only internet access

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
Old February 19th 04, 04:24 PM
Diana Curtis

Rec.crafts.beads doesnt mind on topic ads as long as they say AD in the
subject. We do love looking at other peoples work there. Psstt... want to
see some breathtaking jewelry and beads.. thats the group for it! (they also
dont mind top posting!)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Penny S" wrote ...

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads?
penny s

Old February 19th 04, 11:01 PM

Fabric collections for sale on Ebay

(Kristi=A0M.)
snip
I just read one of those "simplify your life" books and felt like a
lot of projects had piled up for which I no longer had any enthusiasm. I
decided to pare down in order to be able to focus on (read "get access
to") the ones I care about.
---
Kristi,
Try running your ads on these two sites:
www.rummageads.com
or:
Quilting Trader's Network, simply email your ads, no fancy fonts or
fancy formats, to:

They will send reminders when it's time to re-post your ads.
I'm culling out quilting books, needlework bks., a few older sewing
books, some kimono and obi. and have had very good results posting them
at QTN. Just started posting with rummageads, so can't give feedback
yet. HTH.
Cea

Old February 20th 04, 09:31 AM
AmazeR

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:07:25 -0800, Penny S wrote:

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing, rec.backcountry,
rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and travel groups, read a few
others sports and outdoors ones on occasion, reference the Microsoft group
on an as-needed basis, and I tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a
little infested with ads once in a while, which really annoys people but I'm
seriously curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

Hi Penny,

Rec. craft. beads specifically...

Must check out the scuba ones you mention and the mountain bike groups..
I just love the great outdoors.. Only recently discovered n/g's and am
really enjoying the interaction..

Mavis

Old February 20th 04, 09:34 AM
AmazeR

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:24:50 -0600, Diana Curtis wrote:

Rec.crafts.beads doesnt mind on topic ads as long as they say AD in the
subject. We do love looking at other peoples work there. Psstt... want to
see some breathtaking jewelry and beads.. thats the group for it! (they also
dont mind top posting!)
Diana

Hi Diana,

I just answered the post without looking at the other replies - oops...

I subscribe to rcb too.. one of the coolest groups I've seen...

Mavis

Old February 20th 04, 03:56 PM
Penny S

Rec. craft. beads specifically...

Must check out the scuba ones you mention and the mountain bike
groups.. I just love the great outdoors.. Only recently discovered
n/g's and am really enjoying the interaction..

Mavis

There are all sorts of outdoors one.. camping, hiking, biking, skiing...
keep in mind, if you are new to usenet, that the crafts newsgroups seems to
a kinder gentler version of usenet. I love the outdoors groups, but they can
be more intense with various personalitites, flaming and so on.

penny

Old February 20th 04, 08:39 PM
AmazeR

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:56:16 -0800, Penny S wrote:

There are all sorts of outdoors one.. camping, hiking, biking, skiing...
keep in mind, if you are new to usenet, that the crafts newsgroups seems to
a kinder gentler version of usenet. I love the outdoors groups, but they can
be more intense with various personalitites, flaming and so on.

penny

g thanks, Penny... I'll keep that in mind :-))

Have to keep my mouth shut, heh heh... You should see some of the posts I
type up then when I read them over I hit the delete key and end up not
posting at all... lol

I'm not into flame wars at all.. I tend to block those threads after a
while..

Thank you for the n/g suggestions.. I'll have a look.

Mavis

Old February 21st 04, 05:34 PM
David Harmon

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:16:58 -0800 in rec.crafts.textiles.sewing, "Penny
S" was alleged to have written:
what's really amazing it that there seems to be a news group for every
interest...

plus about four Yahoo email lists.

For Sale: four cotton fabric collections on Ebay Kristi M. Quilting 16 February 20th 04 11:41 AM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM