Holidays...

Old December 27th 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Default Holidays...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (and every other holiday
that occurs in December!)

this year, i actually did get a few gifts sewn--pj pants for nate,
cupcake potholders for my sister, a reversable apron for a friend,
and
i knitted an alpaca/silk scarf for my mom. my mom has also requested
cupcake potholders (ok, they ARE really cute and fun!).

My hubby gifted me with a dress form...she's been named bertha and is
currently next to me, nekkid, wearing a big red bow, the hussy!

I did give katie the little pfaff sewing machine i had picked up on
ebay....my daughter does make me laugh. in her sewing past, she has
made a few dolly quilts, and the baby quilt nate came home in (almost
ten years ago, so she was almost 8 at the time). at almost 18, i
love
her enthusiam! "I'm making my prom dress this year! i'll start
practicing with the dress i cut out a few months ago!".....a couple
of
hours later she reported back to me

"don't try to sew something you cut out a few months ago"
"when you cut something out, you really do need to pay attention and
cut straight"
"you really should transfer the markings. those little triangle
things may have helped"
"even though i don't like following directions, maybe i should when i
sew"
"mom, maybe i need to start with something easier? can i go find a
purse pattern in your stash?"

Yes, she IS entertaining!

Old December 27th 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Your Katie sounds like a great kid. And 18 is so reasonable, compared
to 13 or 14 -willing to learn from mistakes.
Roberta in D

Old December 28th 11, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 27, 9:42*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Your Katie sounds like a great kid. And 18 is so reasonable, compared
to 13 or 14 -willing to learn from mistakes.
Roberta in D

she's a good kid...when she's not trying to drive me crazy!

Happy Holidays Sally Swindells Quilting 3 December 29th 08 01:13 AM
May the upcoming holidays Betsy Ross Quilting 1 April 10th 06 03:26 AM
Happy Holidays Sharon Gates Quilting 1 April 9th 06 11:31 PM
OT - back from Holidays Sharon Harper Quilting 2 January 16th 06 02:10 AM
what did you get for the holidays? Dawn Doll Houses 8 January 1st 05 02:04 AM