a thank you from Beth's Place

Old December 16th 05, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default a thank you from Beth's Place

What started out as one Hug quilt became two, and the two became 25, which
were donated to Beth's Place, a local women's shelter here in Illinois.
Some of you contributed to this, so I thought I would share the wonderful
letter I got from them yesterday - -

"Thank you so much for the donation to BETHS Place of 25 awesome quilts! We
have been giving one to a family to our clients and they are ecstatic. We
have to limit it or one family will get as many as 5 or 6 and all will be
gone. Each mom looks and looks before she decides the one for home. Please
know how much we appreciate them. We have had a busy and stressful month
and it goes on and on. Your belief in us helps us go on. We appreciate
your labor of love very much. Sincerely yours, Barbara Utterback, Executive
Director."

On a side note, the word BETHS stands for - Because Eventually The Healing
Starts.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
**************************
Sail on, silver girl - sail on by.

Old December 16th 05, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

How lovely that you got a comeback from them. Thanks for letting us
share it.
..
In message AAGof.633178$_o.606144@attbi_s71, Queen of Squishies
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 16th 05, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

25!!!???? Awesome

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

:
[...]
: --

Old December 17th 05, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Doesn't a lovely thank you like that make all the effort worthwhile?
Good on you, Karen!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.