Gunky iron

Old October 20th 05, 09:39 PM
Judy

Default Gunky iron

Maybe try some "Goo-Gone" if you have some handy.... You'll probably get
some residue (soapy water will take the slippery stuff off - then iron on
old muslin till you KNOW that it's gone.
I think maybe picking up a tube of Iron-Off by Dritz might be a smart
investment for the future, tho.
ME-Judy

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
I was pressing on some Daisy Scout patches today, and grabbed a bit of
handy fabric to use as a press cloth. Ooops! The iron had some gunk on it
and it transfered to this lovely yellow sun fabric I have!

So, 2 questions. How do I clean the gunk off my iron, using only things I
have in the house -

Old October 20th 05, 11:45 PM
frood

I had some Iron Off, but can't find it, and didn't want to make a special
trip to the store. It's definately on the list for next time I'm at Joann's!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old October 20th 05, 11:52 PM
Taria

Ok, I am wondering how you lose a tube of iron off? I know they steal
a lot of my sewing stuff here but that beats all Wendy.
Maybe if you tie a towel on the table leg you will find it (or remember
where you had it).
Isn't it nice to have such piddly problems? : )
Taria

Old October 20th 05, 11:58 PM
Taria

well we already knew that!

frood wrote:

It takes talent.

Old October 21st 05, 12:15 AM
frood

Huh. Now the Goo-Gone is missing. I'm beginning to suspect a conspiracy.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Taria" wrote in message
well we already knew that!

frood wrote:

It takes talent.

Old October 21st 05, 05:50 PM
Judy

G Maybe your iron is trying to tell you something -- like it's time for it
to retire??????
Just wonderin'
ME-Judy

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Huh. Now the Goo-Gone is missing. I'm beginning to suspect a conspiracy.

Old October 21st 05, 07:11 PM
frood

It better not be! It's only a few months old. The real culprit here is
someone who ironed on Cub Scout badges without spousal assistance.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Judy" wrote in message
G Maybe your iron is trying to tell you something -- like it's time for
it to retire??????
Just wonderin'
ME-Judy

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Huh. Now the Goo-Gone is missing. I'm beginning to suspect a conspiracy.

auto-off iron solution theys Quilting 3 December 5th 04 07:21 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:10 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:09 PM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
Iron kvetching was Re Happy ending for Joann coupon. Elena Quilting 7 July 13th 03 08:48 AM