OT - Telephoning the hospital

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 18th 11, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default OT - Telephoning the hospital

A kindly old grandmother telephoned the hospital and timidly asked, "Is
it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"
The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room
number of the patient?"
The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, room
302."
The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the
nurse's station for that room."
After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, "I
have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her
blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her
physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."
The grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried.
God bless you for the good news."
The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"
The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells
me a thing!"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

OT In Hospital Dreamweaver Quilting 18 December 14th 08 08:21 PM
OT been in hospital Shirley Shone Beads 26 February 10th 08 02:13 PM
OT Off to hospital Lizzy Taylor Quilting 6 November 13th 07 11:13 AM
OT G'pa in hospital Tricia Quilting 9 January 30th 06 06:06 PM
OT - off to the hospital Queen of Squishies Quilting 21 March 26th 05 05:35 AM