Shelve plans

Old February 9th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

Default Shelve plans

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any
designs of my own.
Thanks
Old February 9th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

"Norvin" wrote in message
m...
My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any designs
of my own.
Thanks

Shelves are pretty much a flat board. Some are a series of flat boards one
atop the other with space between. What do you want to know or what special
requirements do you have?

Old February 9th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

Norvin wrote:

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or
two for
her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I
would check
to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any
designs of my own.

Rubber stamps? Odd thing to collect. I live very near Cleveland...
home of the Free Stamp... the world's largest rubber stamp. Maybe it
would interest her. I've seen it up close and it's a wonder to
behold...

http://images.google.com/images?q=cleveland+free+stamp

Joe Barta
Old February 9th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

Here's a website with a picture that's similar to what I started with and
still love:
http://www.frenchenvy.com/

Here's a site that has suggestions that may be of help:
http://www.littlebit.com/storage/storage-stamps.htm

Why not do a Google search? Type in rubber+stamp+storage and see what you
come up with. Your daughter may want to help with this. I'm assuming she
makes greeting cards with her rubber stamps. You may need extra space
because she'll want it before long for all those rubber stamps she can't
pass up. LOL. She may even want to think about using an un-mounted system
which would save her a lot of room. Here is a site that will show you what
I have been using the last couple years:
http://www.rubberstampconcepts.com/

Good luck and I hope she enjoys this craft as much as I do.

SAD

On 2/8/06 7:33 PM, in article
, "Norvin"

Old February 9th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

I don't know of any specific plans, but one thing you might want to
consider is a glass or acrylic door/cover over the front of the shelf.
SWMBO doesn't like dusting, and has informed me that it might be nice
to eventually have bookshelves with some kind of covers, as this would
decrease dusting time. OK, sure - after the bed, the coffee table, the
blanket chest, the rocking chair...
Just something to think about.
Good luck,
Andy

Old February 11th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

CW wrote:

Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing
lately. Not only factory made ones but carving them.

Yeah, since posting that I did a little looking around. I suppose I
was thinking in terms of "DUPLICATE"... "PAID"... "VOID"... "AIR MAIL"
etc. That's why it seemed odd to me. Decorative craft type stampers
didn't occur to me.

Joe Barta
Old February 11th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

While I am sure your daughter would appreciate hand-made shelves, there
are also a lot of companies that sell them. At least you could look for
ideas to build your own. Places to look:
www.collectors-cabinets.com
www.rubberstamporganizer.com
Old February 11th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps,rec.woodworking

Joe Barta wrote:
CW wrote:

Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing
lately. Not only factory made ones but carving them.

Yeah, since posting that I did a little looking around. I suppose I
was thinking in terms of "DUPLICATE"... "PAID"... "VOID"... "AIR MAIL"
etc. That's why it seemed odd to me. Decorative craft type stampers
didn't occur to me.

I'm still puzzled by pogues (or however they are called).

er
--
email not valid
Old February 28th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps

Whatever you & your daughter decide, make sure you can add on to it -
trust me, I started with a tiny tool box & now have an entire room (and
it still isn't enough space!) dedicated to stamping, and all the other
crafts
that stamping introduced me to, altered books, bookbinding, clay, etc. etc.
etc. - if she sticks with it, she'll need more space before the shelves are
even done! smile
--
Christi
Art Without Anxiety

Have Stuff to Sell? Looking for Stuff to Buy?

I have some plans Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 22 October 26th 05 03:50 PM
frame plans? Becky Needlework 4 August 16th 05 11:56 PM
3 Toy box plans for 1 bid on ebay. ljr Marketplace 0 December 1st 04 02:54 AM
bead loom plans? Diana Curtis Beads 4 November 17th 04 01:10 PM
Free Woodwork Plans Directory bobby Carving 0 March 15th 04 10:46 AM