Where to buy card

Old April 24th 04, 07:39 PM
jen120357

Default Where to buy card

Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy different colours and
textures of card for cardmaking, all i seem to find is white?
Old April 24th 04, 10:08 PM
Deb in AR

I've heard rave reviews of Bazzill brand card stock for scrapbooking, and
seeing it for myself, agree with the rave reviews. It's a hair thicker than
cheapy cardstock and slightly textured, too. Very nice cardstock! IMO,
it would make beautiful cards! My local scrapbooking store carries it. I
think it's about $.70 a sheet there, but not sure about that. (Haven't
bought any yet, trying to use what I have, first.) It comes in 12 x 12
size, but it might also come in 8 1/2 x 11 size, too. Check with your local
scrapbooking store, if you have one. If cost is an issue though, you can
always go to Wal Mart, Hobby Lobby or Michaels. All three have decent
cardstock and a variety of colors.

My first choice for cardstock though, is Stampin' Up. It's thicker than
what you would find at Wal Mart, etc, but not textured like the Bazzill
paper. It's an awesome cardstock for cards and other paper projects, and it
comes in 48 colors. Not only are those colors in the cardstock, but also
throughout the inks, markers and pastels. I really like being able to take
a specific color of cardstock and know I can get inks, etc that are the same
exact color. It runs about $.19 a sheet, but comes in packs of 24 or 36.
Check out http://www.stampinup.com and you can find a demonstrator.

HTH,
Deb

--
Deb in AR
A desert-rat at heart!

m...

Old April 25th 04, 01:35 PM
Cecelia Medbery

My first choice for cardstock though, is Stampin' Up.

ITA! Not only do I think it's better quality, but the fact that I can find
matching inks, eyelets, chalks, etc. is a huge thing to me.

Cecelia

Old April 25th 04, 07:21 PM
Deb in AR

yep yep yep!!! I'm addicted to SU. LOL That's probably why I've just
signed up as a demonstrator. Gotta support my habit! LOL

--
Deb in AR
A desert-rat at heart!

Old April 29th 04, 03:42 AM
hansen

Try http://www.marcopaper.com/
Look for them at conventions, too. Great paper.
Janet

Old April 30th 04, 01:03 PM
Cecelia Medbery

yep yep yep!!! I'm addicted to SU. LOL That's probably why I've just
signed up as a demonstrator. Gotta support my habit! LOL

I did the same thing. Are you going to the convention in July? I'm going
"blue".

Cecelia

Old April 30th 04, 02:01 PM
Deb in AR

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to convention. July is when my
parents are supposed to come visit. Now Mom knows how much I love SU, and
that I've signed up, but if I took off to convention (without her, mind you)
I would be in so much trouble! LOL Cross your fingers that I'll get to go
next year!

Old May 6th 04, 04:06 AM
Patty H

I see you ladies))) I was checking out this NG to see what I might learn
about stamping - not like I need another habit!!

--
Patty in FL
***********************************

34 pages and 5 cards in 2004

. com...

Old May 6th 04, 01:04 PM
Deb in AR

LOL Hey there, Patty! Hang around me long enough and I'll enable you into
stamping! Speaking of stamping, need to go stamp on lunch sacks for today.
(DD's school is having their end-of-the-year Kindergarten picnic today.)

--

"Patty H" wrote in message
I see you ladies))) I was checking out this NG to see what I might

learn
about stamping - not like I need another habit!!

--
Patty in FL
subway4sureatyahoodotcom
mhetrick1atsedotrrdotcom